Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
If his clothing had a fair market value less than what he sold them for, he made a profit. That being said, My comments were for working under the table, but since you became specific, you have your answer.
I'll use this one.
Many people occasionally sell items online through auction website like eBay or online classified ad services like Craigslist. These sales are the online equivalent of garage or yard sales. Usually, when you sell old personal use property (such as old clothing) online you incur a loss--that is, you get less than you paid for it. Losses on the sale of personal use property (such as clothing or personal use cars) are nondeductible personal losses. The IRS doesn't expect you to report these on your tax return. Nobody cares about them. An occasional seller who sells an item at a gain would have a taxable capital gain that is supposed to be reported to the IRS (see the discussion of collectors or investors below).
But it really doesn't matter since it appears that Trump's statement about professional rioters is just more BS.:(
But @GopherT gave me the idea to sell some of the little love dumplings old clubs to buy mine.:D

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31322/

I have a idea: how about entire schools for only "colored people"?

Oh, wait...we've tried that before.

MLK is rolling in his grave.
So your saying, like the biased reporting, that only people of 'color' support and attend civil rights activities? Must be that GOP filter kicking in again. Still wish you guys would share the schematic for the filter. My TV keeps showing people of all kinds at those events.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
What side would that be on dude? I was and will always be on the side of stopping nuts like him and I've always said the extremist threat is a horseshoe that is connected at the extreme ends and that end points to crazy.
Maybe you should switch to Snickers and get off the Koolaid. You always want to lump all dem protesters with the ones commiting the extreme stuff, but want to discount the fact "Your"(conservative/right wing) side even has any.

It's like you accusing the dems of being "sheep". But all of them I know are free thinkers, not followers of the conservative blogs, talk radio, FNC and the new supreme leaders cult. to me that is the highest form of being a "sheep". Thinking only what the ones at the top tell you to.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Maybe you should switch to Snickers and get off the Koolaid. You always want to lump all dem protesters with the ones commiting the extreme stuff, but want to discount the fact "Your"(conservative/right wing) side even has any.

It's like you accusing the dems of being "sheep". But all of them I know are free thinkers, not followers of the conservative blogs, talk radio, FNC and the new supreme leaders cult. to me that is the highest form of being a "sheep". Thinking only what the ones at the top tell you to.
Wha? then tell me what " The View" does? day in and day out, let's have a Wine party eat cheese and talk politics and anyone that doesn't agree with us we shun.

Ya, happens all the time in neighborhoods all across America. So, little "Susie Joe" down the street in California, Libertarian or Republican, has a difference of opinion gets black balled by the "Cool Ultra Left Liberal's and Progressives" it's how the left spreads their agenda, it's like the Amish. It's based on Social Bias's with one goal, spread it as thick and heavy as you can, then gang up on people to drown out anything they say and last one talking wins.

kv

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

I never accusing all the dems or repubs of being "sheep", only the stupid ones. I'm not a conservative, don't listen to talk radio or watch FNC (can't stand the station). Your problem is with your closed mind that groups all that you disagree with into a monolithic group because its easier than thinking. It's a typical but sad result in the decrease of intellectual honesty on all sides.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://theintercept.com/2017/02/23...oric-comes-from-a-long-standing-u-s-playbook/
BUT I DO want to draw attention to an outstanding article in today’s Guardian by the Russian-born American journalist Keith Gessen, in which he clinically examines – and demolishes – all of the hysterical, ignorant, fear-mongering, manipulative claims now predominant in U.S. discourse about Russia, Putin and the Kremlin.

The article begins: “Vladimir Putin, you may have noticed, is everywhere.” As a result, he points out, “Putinology – which he defines as “the production of commentary and analysis about Putin and his motivations, based on necessarily partial, incomplete and sometimes entirely false information” – is now in great prominence even though it “has existed as a distinct intellectual industry for over a decade.” In sum, he writes: “At no time in history have more people with less knowledge, and greater outrage, opined on the subject of Russia’s president.”

It’s hardly unique for American media and political commentators to speak of foreign adversaries with a mix of ignorance and paranoia. But the role Putin serves above all else, he says, is to cast America’s problems not as its own doing but rather the fault of foreigners, and more importantly, to relieve the Democratic Party of the need to examine its own fundamental flaws and errors:
As Adam Johnson detailed in the Los Angeles Times last week, the constant effort to attribute Trump to foreign dynamics is devoted to avoiding the reality that U.S. policy and culture is what gave rise to him. Nothing achieves that goal better than continually attributing Trump – and every other negative outcome – to the secret work of Kremlin leaders.

The game which establishment Democrats and their allies are playing is not just tawdry but dangerous. The U.S. political, media, military and intelligence classes are still full of people seeking confrontation with Russia; included among them are military officials whom Trump has appointed to key positions.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

I never accusing all the dems or repubs of being "sheep", only the stupid ones. I'm not a conservative, don't listen to talk radio or watch FNC (can't stand the station). Your problem is with your closed mind that groups all that you disagree with into a monolithic group because its easier than thinking. It's a typical but sad result in the decrease of intellectual honesty on all sides.
All the Classic Liberals are being replaced by Ultra Left and Progressives, damn shame if you ask me. But, the snowflakes and millennials dominate. You can see the difference in what happened in this election. Town halls fill with people who don't work and live at home, many show up just to say in 30 years I was there, or brag at their neighborhood pool parties how much Chaos they personally created.

kv

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
All the Classic Liberals are being replaced by Ultra Left and Progressives, damn shame if you ask me. But, the snowflakes and millennials dominate. You can see the difference in what happened in this election. Town halls fill with people who don't work and live at home, many show up just to say in 30 years I was there, or brag at their neighborhood pool parties how much Chaos they personally created.

kv
If they don't work, how do they end up with all the money? :D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Fascism in Iceland?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...dent-would-ban-pineapple-on-pizza-if-he-could
Faced with uproar at home and a social media storm abroad, the president of Iceland has been forced to clarify his outspoken stance on one of the defining questions of the age: whether pineapple should be allowed on pizza.

Last week, answering questions from pupils at a high school in Akureyri,Guðni Th. Jóhannesson said his favourite football team was Manchester United and he was “fundamentally opposed” to pineapple on pizzas.

The president then went further, saying that if he could, he would ban the tropical fruit as a pizza topping.
Guðni’s latest intervention in the great pizza debate, however, appeared to spark further furore on Tuesday after Iceland Magazine pointed out he had used the Icelandic word for fish products, rather than seafood.

The controversy was by now big enough to “deserve its own –gate suffix,” the magazine said.
This is how you lose a democracy, Pizza-gate. The seafood-gate language slip proves he's a Russian stooge.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.