Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KL7AJ, Oct 3, 2016.

1. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Think you just hit the working theory of the present WH! But as they call it, "January 20 2017." The day the carnival officially came to town.

2. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    The utterly stupid Russian conspiracy theory.

3. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    But it is the role to mandate other insurance things? Like say, every one has to have car insurance? Oh wait, that applies because you have a nice car and don't want some guy driving a beater with no insurance wrecking into your nice car. Your insurance rates for your nice car would be much higher if the law wasn't in place. And to tie this back to health care, you have health insurance so why would you worry about those who don't?

4. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    He is, you just don't like what he's doing.

5. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    That's the day the old clown left, so yes, it's a reset.

6. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I guess my TV and computer don't have the required GOP filter installed to hear the real meaning to the supreme leaders answer. What in the hell does his electoral college numbers have to do with the question asked? Sur he finally got around to some what giving an answer, but what did the preamble do but stroke his ego? Doesn't his arm get tired from patting him self on the back, for a not so outstanding win?

GopherT and #12 like this.
  7. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    In some states you can still self-insure your private vehicle so it's not a federal requirement or even a state requirement in New Hampshire. It's pretty common with businesses but private citizens do it too.
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/states-not-get-car-insurance/

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 11:07 AM
  8. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Were living in the time of a new version of the old Hans Christian Andersen story, no one is willing in the WH to tell him he's naked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    saddog8.jpg

10. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    And who told Obama he was naked when he reiterated (26? times, I believe) the absurd and bald-faced lie that "if you like your plan you can keep it"?

I am far more comfortable with a contentious relationship between the press and the White House. Journalists seem to only do their jobs when Republicans are in power.

11. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I went back to listen to the long answer as @nsaspook recommended.
    The question was about increased anti-semantic actions across the United States.
    The answer(s) were:
    I had a large electoral college victory. Maybe what he means there are a lot of anti-semantic people in the US and they voted for him. While that may be true, it would be a strange response with the PM right there, so I'm guessing it was just bragging. My Trump translator is down right now or I could run it thru.:D
    Then - we have a lot of bad things going on and I'm going to do everything I can to fix it. I could hear a collective sigh of relief after that one.:rolleyes:
    Then- I have Jews in my family, so it's not my fault. I was waiting for him to add and I have black friends.
    But I'm sure the thing that made it all better was that "there will be a lot of love."
    Deep as the ocean, he is.:)

shortbus likes this.
  12. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    They seem almost shell shocked that Trump dismisses them like flies and laughs about it.

13. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    Never said he had a good answer, only that it was more than 'electoral college'.

14. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Well, Bush didn't believe in swatting them at all and then came Obama, so they're used to at least 16 years of deference. Most of the younger ones have never experienced any pushback, let alone Trump-level pushback.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I think he's addicted to salesmanship. He's in the White House and still trying to sell himself to the world.:rolleyes:

Personally, I would like to see Trump (and half the police officers in the country) tied to a chair while somebody reads The Constitution to them. But that probably says more about me than it says about The Donald.:(

shortbus and GopherT like this.
  16. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    You know I heard that over and over, but never an example. But maybe you have one. If I understand it correctly those plans were sub-catastrophic plans.
    Do you have an example we can compare to the Obama care one at $153 a month without subsidies?

shortbus likes this.
  17. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    So what has Trump done that is unconstitutional?

18. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    They are shell shocked okay, but not by the swats, but by the alternative facts.
    I think we all find it a little strange that he can't get his facts straight even when it's his own story.:eek:

shortbus likes this.
  19. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    I love it. The press has needed that for decades. I hope he does it every week. He should always do his own press conferences.

A fearless man that no one can intimidate. The press needs to be called out and slapped down a lot more often.

I never thought that I would never see it. There just might be hope for a few more years of America.

Before the fake and phony americans kill it.

20. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I think sometimes when reporters who must ask the same question over and over expecting a different result, oh wait that's definition of what?

Um, no I think he answers a question that's absurd and stupid with an answer's that are absurd and stupid because it doesn't deserve a good one or maybe he'll re-ederate what they don't want to hear over and over, I won the presidency with how many votes? saying it until the snowflakes and ultra Liberal idiots shut their faces and accept it as fact.

All that was missing was pop corn during the Conference, watching the News Agencies eat their shit sandwich's.

kv