Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...jects-dossier-alleged-russia-dealings-n705586
President-elect Donald Trump was not told about unverified reports that Russia has compromising information on him during last week's intelligence briefing, according to a senior intelligence official with knowledge of preparations for the briefing.

A summary of the unverified reports was prepared as background material for the briefing, but not discussed during the meeting, the official said. During Trump's press conference Wednesday morning, the president-elect said he was made aware of the information "outside that meeting."
According to the senior official, the two-page summary about the unsubstantiated material made available to the briefers was to provide context, should they need it, to draw the distinction for Trump between analyzed intelligence and unvetted "disinformation."

The briefers also had available to them unvetted "disinformation" about the Clinton Foundation, although that was not orally shared with Trump.
"Intel and law enforcement officials agree that none of the investigations have found any conclusive or direct link between Trump and the Russian government period," the senior official said.
So this was one of the sh!t folders that they keep. (they had one for Trump or Clinton) They would say, OK big guy or girl, this is the unsubstantiated, unvetted, nasty stuff that people say about you but WE can make it go away by saying it's been investigated, vetted and is not true if you see things our way.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...jects-dossier-alleged-russia-dealings-n705586

So this was one of the sh!t folders that they keep. (they had one for Trump or Clinton) They would say, OK big guy or girl, this is the unsubstantiated, unvetted, nasty stuff that people say about you but WE can make it go away by saying it's been investigated, vetted and is not true if you see things our way.
He must not read his mail. They sent it to him. That's why he was able to say he saw it outside the meeting. It might have taken him a while. Maybe busy tweeting.:D
I think it's safe to say he is setting himself up for one of these types of things a week.:(

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
He must not read his mail. They sent it to him. That's why he was able to say he saw it outside the meeting. It might have taken him a while. Maybe busy tweeting.:D
I think it's safe to say he is setting himself up for one of these types of things a week.:(
I don't think so, Trump is not the sort of person to take this without saying 'You're Fired'.

This looks like a classic dirty trick.

From the NYT:
So what changed on Tuesday? Why is this now being reported and discussed by every news media organization?

CNN broke the news that a summary of the memos had been attached to the classified report by the F.B.I., C.I.A. and National Security Agency on the Russian hacking and leaking during the presidential election and that it was given to Mr. Obama, Mr. Trump and Congressional leaders last week. That level of official attention prompted news media organizations to decide to inform the public about the memos.
But why put the summary in a report going to multiple people in Congress and the executive branch, virtually assuring it would be leaked?

So now according to a senior intelligence official with knowledge of preparations for the briefing the memo was for the sole effect of helping Trump to draw the distinction for Trump between analyzed intelligence and unvetted "disinformation." They didn't show him or talk about the contents of the memo (or the one about Hillary) so it looks like he was able to tell the obvious difference between the two with no extra help.
I would like to know just who and why that person believed that this was a good idea during a factual briefing session about serious problems with Russia espionage operations with the top intel chiefs. It seems a very unusual element to have in the briefing folder during these types of circumstances unless you think you might need it to 'convince' someone.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I don't think so, Trump is not the sort of person to take this without saying 'You're Fired'.

This looks like a classic dirty trick.

From the NYT:

So now according to a senior intelligence official with knowledge of preparations for the briefing the memo was for the sole effect of helping Trump to draw the distinction for Trump between analyzed intelligence and unvetted "disinformation." They didn't show him or talk about the contents of the memo (or the one about Hillary) so it looks like he was able to tell the obvious difference between the two with no extra help.
I would like to know just who and why that person believed that this was a good idea during a factual briefing session about serious problems with Russia espionage operations with the top intel chiefs. It seems a very unusual element to have in the briefing folder during these types of circumstances unless you think you might need it to 'convince' someone.
Oh yea, dirty trick. You betcha.:D
Sometimes you need to be careful what you kick cause you may have to kiss it.:)
The kids are probably next in line. That one's really gonna make him grumpy.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Oh yea, dirty trick. You betcha.:D
Sometimes you need to be careful what you kick cause you may have to kiss it.:)
The kids are probably next in line. That one's really gonna make him grumpy.
He's will be the boss with 70 years of leading a$$ kicking contests.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Trump might be a buffoon birther but if you think that being joined at the hip with the Intel deep-state (intelligence community working in conjunction with the corporate media) is the way to freedom and security for this nation all I can say is, Hold on to your butts.
Well, right now they are a few steps ahead of him.. Maybe when he gets his own guys....

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Well, right now they are a few steps ahead of him.. Maybe when he gets his own guys....
A few steps ahead? Don't bet on it, he's already running stings to see who is leaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ntelligence-briefers-says-caught-leaking.html
Then he revealed the details of the stealthy sting he says he conducted on the nation’s senior spooks.

‘I’ll tell you what does happen. I have many meetings with intelligence. And every time I meet, people are reading about it,' Trump complained, possibly referencing reports on his classified briefings, which he has chosen not to receive daily.
'Somebody’s leaking them out,’ Trump said, after inveighing against leaks generally.

‘So I said, "Maybe it’s my office. Maybe my office." Because I’ve got a lot of people … Maybe it’s them?’

‘What I did, is I said I won’t tell anyone. I’m going to have a meeting, and I won’t tell anybody about my meeting with intelligence,’ Trump continued.

He even shielded one of his closest aides from word of the meeting.

‘Nobody knew – not even Rhona, my executive assistant for years. She didn’t know – I didn’t tell her. Nobody knew,’ Trump continued – drawing laughter from collected family members and staff.

Having set the trap, Trump says the word leaked anyway.

‘The meeting was held. They left, and immediately the word got out that I had a meeting. So, I don’t want that. It’s very unfair to the country. It’s very unfair to our country what’s happening,’ he said.
Good trade craft. The guy is stubborn as it took far too long to get him to say Russia/Putin are targeting the US with cyber-warfare.

He’s an egomaniac with a long history of going rogue and not giving a sh!t what anyone thinks about it. The Deep-State is seriously worried he will drop a ton of bricks on people that prevent him from doing what it takes to be popular (doing the things he campaigned on). They do not have super villain powers.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
A few steps ahead? Don't bet on it, he's already running stings to see who is leaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ntelligence-briefers-says-caught-leaking.html

Good trade craft. The guy is stubborn as it took far too long to get him to say Russia/Putin are targeting the US with cyber-warfare.

He’s an egomaniac with a long history of going rogue and not giving a sh!t what anyone thinks about it. The Deep-State is seriously worried he will drop a ton of bricks on people that prevent him from doing what it takes to be popular (doing the things he campaigned on). They do not have super villain powers.
Yep, If nothing else he's stubborn. Kept that story going for a week. Probably to shorten up his conflict of interest problem.
But Clapper talked again about it so we probably get another day of it.:(
I'm not so sure he won't have a similar problem with a few Senators. Could get exciting!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
But Clapper talked again about it so we probably get another day of it.:(
The spymaster said both men had agreed the security breach was "extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security".

Mr Clapper said he had also assured the president-elect the intelligence community "stands ready to serve his administration".
The Prevaricator is out the door with a retirement check but the rest of the intelligence community doesn't have a choice about serving Trump.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
The Prevaricator is out the door with a retirement check but the rest of the intelligence community doesn't have a choice about serving Trump.
Maybe that's why they can't get along.
The IC thinks Trump is the Prevaricator.:D
But he really can't help it. It's a part of his illness.(Sociopath)
Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
“Nobody’s planning on quitting or jumping from the seventh floor of the building,” the retired official said.
But Glenn Carle, a retired CIA officer, said resignations were a rational response to Trump, as the intelligence agencies face “existential crisis” prompted by the imminent prospect of serving “someone for whom the truth is irrelevant”.
Carle continued: “One is forced either to serve a man disdainful of the community’s mission, and of facts in general, as essentially a toady, or provide intelligence to the parts of the government that may actually know how to use it in the national interest, such as the military or other organs of the government, or resign. The choice is that stark.
“This crisis cannot be covered over with a politician’s, or an egotist’s, bromides and lies.”

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Maybe that's why they can't get along.
The IC thinks Trump is the Prevaricator.:D
But he really can't help it. It's a part of his illness.(Sociopath)
“existential crisis” prompted by the imminent prospect of serving “someone for whom the truth is irrelevant”

It takes one to know one, so yes, they won't be able to BS Trump with the usual lies. Trump would have been a natural as an intelligence agent. I would love to see him clean house of the inbred fossils.

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You keep refering like that about Clapper. But you never say that about the supreme leader, why? there are video after video of him saying things that he later comments,"I never said that", when someone brings it up again. Doesn't that make him the Prevaricator in chief? And none of the usual "he not in office yet" stuff is a good enough answer.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Quote nsaspook in an attachment, "‘The meeting was held. They left, and immediately the word got out that I had a meeting. So, I don’t want that. It’s very unfair to the country. It’s very unfair to our country what’s happening,’ he said."

You really believe that? With the 24/7 scrutiny the supreme leader has now, that he could hold a meeting that the press wouldn't know about? Unless the IC has a 'cloak of invisibility' they couldn't get near him with out someone seeing.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
You keep refering like that about Clapper. But you never say that about the supreme leader, why? there are video after video of him saying things that he later comments,"I never said that", when someone brings it up again. Doesn't that make him the Prevaricator in chief? And none of the usual "he not in office yet" stuff is a good enough answer.
When he lies to Congress under oath like Clapper then the supreme leader will earn the title of 'Prevaricator in chief'. So now he's just Trump the lesser, honors are earned not given.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Quote nsaspook in an attachment, "‘The meeting was held. They left, and immediately the word got out that I had a meeting. So, I don’t want that. It’s very unfair to the country. It’s very unfair to our country what’s happening,’ he said."

You really believe that? With the 24/7 scrutiny the supreme leader has now, that he could hold a meeting that the press wouldn't know about? Unless the IC has a 'cloak of invisibility' they couldn't get near him with out someone seeing.
Yes, the president(-elect) has meetings the press doesn't and shouldn't know about. The press doesn't have evil superpowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.