Is there an integrated circuit for...

Mr.Wolf

Joined May 14, 2009
Hi all,

Thank you in for any help provided.

I am trying to build an interface for the parallel port and I have been looking for a few days now and almost have what i want.

Now I am looking to condense it.

As most people know their is 8 "Data" pins in the parallel port, I am want to use four of those to "broad cast" to latching relays via a IC7408 and four to address them

What i need is to be able to address to more then 4 IC7408's.

please correct me (if I'm wrong) but with four inputs I can have a possible 16 outputs so as a result 64 (16 outputs* 4 the other data pins) possible latching relays.

I know i can achieve the 16 outputs using a combination of xor gates and diodes (to avoid cross contamination). However, it would be nice if their was a single chip I could use (I'm guessing their would be 22 pins (4 input + 16 output + 1 Ground + 1 Active)

Thank you, again in advance for any suggestions.

Mr.Wolf

Joined May 14, 2009
Thanks Rich,

Excellent, looks like what I needed.

However, upon googling it to try and buy one I came across another product the CD4514BC don't suppose you know the difference? at first look their data sheet appears to be very similar other then the CD4067 accepts a larger range of voltage bellow is a link to the CD4514BC data sheet.

thanks again.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/images_uploaded/CD4514BC.PDF

- Shawn.