Is there an IC that will give me a high/low value for a specific input bits?

alikation

Joined Feb 4, 2012
I'm looking for an IC that will give me a low or high output bit depending on 6 input bits.

I'm trying to find a relatively cheap IC that will give me a high or low depending on a signal it gets. The signal is 6 input bits.

For now, I have a "digital comparator" in mind, where the 6 input bits will be compared to the 6 bits that I wanted... (it will be high if it's the 6 input bits and the "compare" bits are equal)

so the problem here is that I have to individually wire each bit (14 lines per chip, 6 input bits and another 6 compare lines to see if it's equal) . . . . . if there's other chips that can do this, it will be great.

(Even if we can buy something that is pre-programmed with something with the "compare" bits, it will be great.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I'm looking for an IC that will give me a low or high output bit depending on 6 input bits.

I'm trying to find a relatively cheap IC that will give me a high or low depending on a signal it gets. The signal is 6 input bits.

For now, I have a "digital comparator" in mind, where the 6 input bits will be compared to the 6 bits that I wanted... (it will be high if it's the 6 input bits and the "compare" bits are equal)

so the problem here is that I have to individually wire each bit (14 lines per chip, 6 input bits and another 6 compare lines to see if it's equal) . . . . . if there's other chips that can do this, it will be great.

Don't understand your "problem" about wiring all the bits. How would you connect it otherwise? :confused:

(Even if we can buy something that is pre-programmed with something with the "compare" bits, it will be great.
Yes, you use a digital comparator such as a 4-bit CD4036. You can gang two together to get 6-bits.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A multiplexer will also do the same thing. Tie the multiplexer inputs high or low as required and use the select bits as your inputs. Two 8:1 multiplexers will cover six bits nicely. If you get one with a tri-state or open-collector output you can connect the outputs together for additional wired-or logic.