Is there a four terminal MOSFET that can be used to eliminate the body diode ?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
My understanding of current enhancement mode mosfets is that connection of the body diode as is currently done contributes to immunity from latch up and potentially catastrophic failure of the mosfet. The TS has not explained why he needs or wants to eliminate that connection.

Perhaps, that explanation should be a first step for mouseinahouse to take.

John

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I have stated. I had left my other ID at home and could not get to it because I had been called away on other business :mad:
We have been all over your three ID's. That was not my question.

The question is why do you need or think you need to get rid of the body diode. It seems that if you no longer have that need, then maybe the thread should be closed to avoid meaningless discussion.

John

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I wonder if I need to create an ID if I were to travel.
I guess I would need an ID for every resort I visit.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I am finding it difficult to understand why I have to justify my reasons, as this forum is about answering questions about elelectronic design problems. Very unproffesional, regardless of where you are from.
Then you need to re-read the Terms of Service / User's Agreement.
@ScottWang is perfectly within his authority to request information from members as he, or any other mod or staff member, sees fit. Your using multiple accounts raises flags that deserve explanation when you are asked. Your profanity in response to a moderator's question is grounds for termination of each of your accounts.

Some of your past exploits here on AAC have been accompanied by similar unpleasantness. If you value the site and the attention to your questions that our members provide then I would encourage you participate as long as it is clear that not every response to every question will meet with your approval and that it is the job of the volunteer mods and staff to keep AAC a place where the people that provide free help to members such as yourself will want to stay around. It's up to you.