1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) starting at 9:00 EDT for a number of hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

Is the LT3757 the correct IC for this application?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by mmcap, Mar 21, 2012.

1. mmcap

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    I am trying to design a constant current power supply with Vin 12V nominal (10V-16V at input) that will deliver 25.65 volts Vout at 2.8 amps. This is purely for a personal project, not any kind of assignment. I think the LT3757 IC sounds like it will do the job based on the data parameters but the datasheet does not give a diagram for typical use in the SEPIC converter application section. I have a fairly firm grasp of electrical circuits and electronics in general but I need a little help with the specifics of resistor and capacitor placement and circuit topology. This doesn’t sound like it would be extremely difficult to design if I had a diagram to reference. Does anyone know of a place I could find a reference diagram for this kind of application. The LT3757 datasheet gives instructions on calculating values so just a little help with placement and topology would be great!
    Cheers!

2. k7elp60

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    I think you have made a selecton of the right IC. Have you gone to the Linear Technology website. Sometimes they have PCB layouts and sometimes kits available for some of their IC's