Is it possible to recover sound of the original voice after it has been changed by a voice changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
@nsaspook If I use voice encryption, I doubt many people on YouTube & Twitch will understand what I'm saying. So there is no effective way to change voice which might prevent others from recovering the original voice.

My main & only concern is my voice might be cloned and made to say embarrassing things. Nothing to do with masking accent, or anything. I'm an Indian and I think majority of people here who can speak in good English have neutral accent, which is neither American, British, Australian, etc. Neutral accent is probably the best way it should sound because it is lot more intelligible than other accents. In case you don't know the neutral accent I'm talking about, you can consider watching few Indian English news channels, like CNBC TV 18.

Here is a sample of what I mean by neutral accent:

This woman's accent is not entirely neutral, she has some idiosyncrasies of her own but it is very close to neutral and that is the only I could find without searching for hours.
Don't fool yourself, I'd say that reporter has a medium Indian accent. Definitely rolls the r's and Indian style sentence intonation - she falls into "singing" the sentences with no silence between words - then keeps making conscious effort to enunciate each word.
Every news organization in every English-speaking country around the world wants their viewers to believe their reporters and anchors (readers) have a "neutral accent" or "no accent". Apparently your regional network has convinced you.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
"Is it possible to recover sound of the original voice after it has been changed by a voice changer?"
That would depend on type of alteration. if the process is known and 1:1 then yes. but like with functions, the question is if the inverse exists. for example if more than one input value (original voice) can produce same output value (altered) then reverse is impossible because there is no way to tell which of possible input values was used and should be recreated.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
"Is it possible to recover sound of the original voice after it has been changed by a voice changer?"
That would depend on type of alteration. if the process is known and 1:1 then yes. but like with functions, the question is if the inverse exists. for example if more than one input value (original voice) can produce same output value (altered) then reverse is impossible because there is no way to tell which of possible input values was used and should be recreated.
Your text is quite tiny, almost unreadable. It might look OK on your device but it is much smaller than the default. You probably shouldn’t change the text size, but in any case, not that small if you do.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Don't fool yourself, I'd say that reporter has a medium Indian accent. Definitely rolls the r's and Indian style sentence intonation - she falls into "singing" the sentences with no silence between words - then keeps making conscious effort to enunciate each word.
Every news organization in every English-speaking country around the world wants their viewers to believe their reporters and anchors (readers) have a "neutral accent" or "no accent". Apparently your regional network has convinced you.
Neutral Accent for what population? A neutral accent in America, is certainly different than a neutral accent in Great Britain or in India, or in Australia. There is no such thing as a neutral English accent.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Neutral Accent for what population? A neutral accent in America, is certainly different than a neutral accent in Great Britain or in India, or in Australia. There is no such thing as a neutral English accent.
Don't ask me, as the OP who claimed the Indian News person in the YouTube clip had a neutral accent - and implied it was globally neutral.

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
Not Indian accent, I think I have neutral accent. My concern that my voice might be cloned and made to say embarrassing things.
Your posts in this topic suggest to me this is an irrational fear. Feel free to find ways to make yourself comfortable but I strongly recommended you put aside this superficial problem until it actually becomes a problem, if ever. There may not be a technical solution to a spiritual problem :)

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
My country is Canada, in North America. I speak the same as people 6000km away on the other ocean. I think have no accent.
US near me has many accents from Eastern hillbillies to Southern drawl to Texan cowboys.

35 years ago I bought my home with 2 years of salary and today it is worth 10 times what I paid for it.
I am an old age senior paid with government pensions and have free medical care. My wife and I are living comfortably.
Our son and daughter are also living in their own homes comfortably.
I cannot believe the extreme poverty in other countries.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
My country is Canada, in North America. I speak the same as people 6000km away on the other ocean. I think have no accent.
US near me has many accents from Eastern hillbillies to Southern drawl to Texan cowboys.

35 years ago I bought my home with 2 years of salary and today it is worth 10 times what I paid for it.
I am an old age senior paid with government pensions and have free medical care. My wife and I are living comfortably.
Our son and daughter are also living in their own homes comfortably.
I cannot believe the extreme poverty in other countries.
Sorry, eh, I think you mean to say all Canadians have the same Canadian accent. Ya-know, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.