Is it possible to make a pulse generator out of a earphone jack of my phone?

idrbur

Joined Jan 11, 2018
I was wondering if i can generate high frequency pulses using this for using it in many of my projects.
Any suggestions?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Yes, you could build a high frequency pulse generator but what would the earphone jack of your phone do? Please be a little more specific so that we can make reasonable suggestions.
Regards,
Keith

idrbur

Joined Jan 11, 2018
Sorry for that,
basically i want to play a high frequency sound on my phone and than connect the wires from earphone that goes to the speaker to the input of my transistor switch.
I want to do this so that i cant change the frequency easily and to a wider range.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Sorry for that,
basically i want to play a high frequency sound on my phone and than connect the wires from earphone that goes to the speaker to the input of my transistor switch.
I want to do this so that i cant change the frequency easily and to a wider range.
I still do not understand what you are asking.
Do you have an application on your phone that you can generate the high frequency signals and output them to your earphone jack?
If you do, then you should be able to connect that to whatever your switch is. What exactly are you asking?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I was wondering if i can generate high frequency pulses using this for using it in many of my projects
I'll play The devil's advocate.
Only because you Incorporated a transistor as a switch which could easily be an amplifier and would blow! not only your headphone but your eardrum or someone else's eardrum.(danger Will Robinson... Danger)

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
When you say high frequency, what kind of frequencies do you have in mind? The headphone output was probably designed to cover up to 20kHz at most. Many audio circuits are spec'd lower as a cost saving measure.