is it possible for using connecting 8 UART externally to PIC

dark dragon

Joined Dec 11, 2008
can i able to connect 8 UART with PIC 16Fxxx
and make it to work almost simultaneously

wat should i do for that is there any special device need for tat like latch r something

also tell me the IC name for UART suitable for such application
r shall i go for i2c
i'm in confuse how to select the IC...

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes it is possible to connect an 8 channel UART to a PIC. Depending on the baudrates on the individual channels you may or may not be able to handle the traffic reliably. Some FIFO buffering on each channel should help.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I do not answer emails from forum participants. I prefer to answer in the forum so everyone can benefit. Your question was how to connect 8 UARTS to a PIC16xxx. I would start by reviewing the following datasheet:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/SCC2698B.pdf

Can you see how to do it from this datasheet and the one for the PIC variant you are interested in? Your biggest challenge will be dealing with the limited amount of file registers inside the PIC16xxx for 8 UARTS.

Also, I could do the design for you. How much is it worth? Ohhh...you want me to do it for advertising. Sorry not interested. I'll help you but I won't do it for you: at least not for free.

dark dragon

Joined Dec 11, 2008
hey i just mailed u ly coz i didnt get any proper response for my posts
so ly i privately approached u nothing else..

also if i want to give it to others i can buy it market y i come to here..

i want to learn something from good guys like u and solve at lest one forum participants in future..

NOW COMING TO SUBJECT
i'm new to this field with my friends..
trying to do also i do..
thanks for ur reply to me..

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You will get more and better responses if you show that you have made some effort. I don't think there are many cases where somebody asks for something and has it handed to them. Being new is OK, but not showing any effort in your posts will get you ignored or worse -- scorned.

dark dragon

Joined Dec 11, 2008
I do not answer emails from forum participants. I prefer to answer in the forum so everyone can benefit. Your question was how to connect 8 UARTS to a PIC16xxx. I would start by reviewing the following datasheet:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/SCC2698B.pdf

Can you see how to do it from this datasheet and the one for the PIC variant you are interested in? Your biggest challenge will be dealing with the limited amount of file registers inside the PIC16xxx for 8 UARTS.

Also, I could do the design for you. How much is it worth? Ohhh...you want me to do it for advertising. Sorry not interested. I'll help you but I won't do it for you: at least not for free.

hey my actually doubt is i'm using these UART for receiving data (not too large just a 4 byte)
for wireless remote control operation..

(but different wireless techniques eg.IR RF so using multiple uart )

if i connect tat and i program tat is it enough..
or some special i have to take for stuff
coz i very new to field and no practical knowledge..