Is it possible for an actual sensor (Accelerometer) to serve as an input to a digital circuit in LTspice?

Freak1030

Joined Jan 9, 2023
So basically, I have project in my school where I'll be using a MEMS accelerometer sensor. And this sensor will be the input to my Schmitt Trigger circuit, which is simulated in LTspice. I am wondering if I could use the output of the sensor and then use it as an input to my Schmitt Trigger circuit in my computer. Maybe the Arduino IDE can convert the output of the sensor to PWL or other files that can be used in LTspice? Also, it would be nice to see the changes in the graph every time I move the sensor in real-time. I am also considering using other simulation program apparently i am not yet knowledgeable of the other alternative programs. (also sorry for my bad English, not my first language :)

Freak1030

Joined Jan 9, 2023
Can you like give me a brief explanation on "recording as an MP3"? I know how to use .wav so I understand that part. Can I convert my sensor output to .mp3 using Arduino IDE? sorry it will be my first time using arduinos

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I use Audacity a free download program to record in a range of formats, use wav files throughout, LTS can use wav files.

Post a simple LTS circuit, and we can post a demo simulation.

E

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If I understand what you and @ericgibbs are talking about, I think the approach he is discussing will let you record actual data from your sensor and feed that into LTSpice, but not do so in real time. I don't think that there is any way to feed external signals to LTSpice (or most simulators) in real time. It is often the case that the simulation speed is slower than real time, which would make it a non-starter for those simulations.

Freak1030

Joined Jan 9, 2023
If I understand what you and @ericgibbs are talking about, I think the approach he is discussing will let you record actual data from your sensor and feed that into LTSpice, but not do so in real time. I don't think that there is any way to feed external signals to LTSpice (or most simulators) in real time. It is often the case that the simulation speed is slower than real time, which would make it a non-starter for those simulations.
Yess thank you for the clarification.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi F,
This is the ring.wav file, play it on your PC.
Change the .txt extension to .wav
[used the txt extension to upload as AAC software does not accept wav files]
E

Attachments