Completed Project Is it normal for the OC2 vacuum tubes to glow bright orange & OA2 to flicker while running?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Remember that you can put capacitors in parallel and series to get the values you need. For the series connections include high value bleeder resistors to keep the DC voltage evenly distributed among the capacitors.

View attachment 159505
This is how some metal film high voltage capacitors are made, they have structured foils so several caps in series. Anything above 630V would be unusual, large parts, and expensive.

220nF at 1500V would be fairly large capacitor.

I have for instance 0.68uF 400V, 18nF 630V, some upto 2000V but less than 10nF and its still large size parts.
Maybe you can consult the schematic to see if the exact values are really mandatory, or as it is often the case, they used what parts were available at the time, and the circuit would work with a broad range of values.

Actually I have lots of high voltage kinds but demand is not much Im not specialized for these parts, some are sold as lots its a lot of work to list each and from my view point not worth it for small quantities. Or alternatively, sell them at higher prices.

There must be several thousands metal film kinds around here, but every once in a while non performing listings are removed, and the parts sometimes sold off as lots.

Of course you could parallel 10pcs 10nF 1500V and get 100nF, think I have some 1500V parts listed but not sure, they are not exactly a hot item. So I have none listed at my new UK shop right now.
Pricing is like $2 for 10 of them, and shipping usually is less than 4 dollars flat.

I have helped 100s if not 1000s of people with difficult to find parts

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
Digi-Key has stock of several different 0.22 µF 1600 V film caps, including, much to my surprise, tubular axial lead types! The least expensive is a radial type from Wima, p/n MKP1T032206F00KSSD, It's metalized polypropylene which means good performance. I used to use Wima caps quite a lot, back when it was very hard to get good film caps from most distributors but I could get Wima from a specialty distributor.

Rahulk70

Joined Dec 16, 2016
This is how some metal film high voltage capacitors are made, they have structured foils so several caps in series. Anything above 630V would be unusual, large parts, and expensive.

220nF at 1500V would be fairly large capacitor.

I have for instance 0.68uF 400V, 18nF 630V, some upto 2000V but less than 10nF and its still large size parts.
Maybe you can consult the schematic to see if the exact values are really mandatory, or as it is often the case, they used what parts were available at the time, and the circuit would work with a broad range of values.

Actually I have lots of high voltage kinds but demand is not much Im not specialized for these parts, some are sold as lots its a lot of work to list each and from my view point not worth it for small quantities. Or alternatively, sell them at higher prices.

There must be several thousands metal film kinds around here, but every once in a while non performing listings are removed, and the parts sometimes sold off as lots.

Of course you could parallel 10pcs 10nF 1500V and get 100nF, think I have some 1500V parts listed but not sure, they are not exactly a hot item. So I have none listed at my new UK shop right now.
Pricing is like $2 for 10 of them, and shipping usually is less than 4 dollars flat.

I have helped 100s if not 1000s of people with difficult to find parts
Hi,
Do you have some kind of store online like on eBay or a website were you sell? Or is it a retail store?