Is it a good move? -- Suggestion required

deter_dangler

Joined May 19, 2010
Hi All,

This is Sravan from India. I completed my Bachelor of engineerring in Electronics & Communication in 2006.

After my studies i started looking for jobs and i got offer as SCIENTIST in DRDO and ISRO but i did not accept these offers as the salary offered was less(Now i repent the decision).Instead i joined an big IT company and the salary was good.

Now its been almost 4 years and i realized that IT field is not my cup of tea(There are several reasons why i don't like Software industry).

Now i want to go back to my field of study..and ready to work for low salary.

I seek suggestions from all of you for the following questions?:
1) Do u think it is a good move?
2) Is it acheivable?

Note
:I am 24 years old and i was very good at studies. I was the topper in my class.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
YES, good move, if your NOT happy.
YES, it is achievable. You have plenty of time.

Sure, do it.

It just took you a little while to "mature" or realize that, It isnt WORK if you enjoy it.

You will live by your means regardless of what you make. If you make 70,000 a year, you'll still be as broke as if you make 30,000.

Do what you enjoy. Your young.

I would see if your company has tuition matching or reimbursement..Or is college free in India?

deter_dangler

Joined May 19, 2010
I would see if your company has tuition matching or reimbursement..
Thanks rm for your reply..

I want to start my preparation along with my current job and applying to companies..I dont want my present company to know about this ;)

Or is college free in India?
Sorry i don't want to go college again..

I did not know about this site when i was in college..The only book i know for electronics is Integrated electronics by Millman & Halkias and another one by van valkenberg

It is a great site..

I never used to go online for my electronics doubts...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Job changing, particularly to one with a lower salary, does not raise a red flag when you are young unless it happens a few times. Your explanation sounds good to me.

John

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I am going to change my field too
While your at it Rifaa, change your socks! ;)

sorry..couldn't resist.

I had a friend start his career at 17. Through high-school, he took classes and electives along with a technical-automotive school. He started a job at a popular Lift-Truck company for $66,000US. He quit in a year. His next job was at McDonalds for $12,000.

When he continued in life, he applied for another position in the diesel automotive field and they asked him why he left for a food-service job at such a pay-cut. He said, the original company wanted him to go into an office job when his love was hands-on. They hired him.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Money is not the answer -- it's usually the problem. :p Looking from the other end of a career, I recommend you love what you do and do what you love -- it's that simple.