Is electronics your job?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Someone asked a career related question and I thought I'd ask this:

Is electronics your job, or is it a hobby, an obsession, or an ambition? (Or maybe a bit of all of them!)

For me it's a job and one I enjoy very much.

Dave

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
It's a part of my education, and is definitely my obsession and consequentially a hobby. Maybe one day I will get paid to do what I love, every person's dream :D

Steve

Kutan

Joined Feb 3, 2008
I'm 16 and circuitry/electricity is a pretty awesome, newly found obsession of mine and I hope to make it my job in a year and a half or so. :D

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
I'm 16 and circuitry/electricity is a pretty awesome, newly found obsession of mine and I hope to make it my job in a year and a half or so. :D
Do good in highschool and get in a good university for EE :D It's hard to be taken seriously without a piece of paper, even though you may be more capable than the next. I've learned that the hardway :(

Steve

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
It's been my profession since age 16. Currently have irons in a few other fires, but I still enjoy exercising the brain cells.

techroomt

Joined May 19, 2004
besides being in electronics since '74, i've been an instructor for an assoc electronic technician program for 5 years now, and the biggest joy i get is when the students learn about electronics and love what they are doing. they always write back after they get a job and rant about it - it's great!

an obsession for now :) it might grow to hobby and maybe even job :) I study electrics... but I will go over to electronics :) I found it more interesting :)