is different cap voltage ok

Norm

Joined Jul 2, 2011
Hi all,
I ordered some caps from badcaps one of them being a 680uf 25v Samxon for my LG Flatron L1717S monitor, the monitor was not showing any life at all, I put the new cap in and now the monitor comes on and stays in stand by mode, so upon a second look I noticed badcaps sent me a 680uf 35v will that be the cause of the monitor still not working or shall I look deeper ??? thanks you for any help on this matter. im a newbei when it comes to repairing monitors well this type of thing in general. so please be gentle and patient.

Peace & Blessings.

Norm . . .

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
no i dont think it would make any difference. that is the MAX voltage. as long as the capacitance is the same and thre max V is > or = then your fine

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
You're good, it gives you more margin.

Just keep in mind Badcaps sent you BAD CAPS as they were not what you ordered.

Norm

Joined Jul 2, 2011
hi all,
thanks so much for the replies, the monitor is still not working so obviously I have an issue some where else other than that swollen cap, I purchased a volt meter in the hopes to be able to use it one day, I still have no idea, all ive done is blown a fuse on a board some how lol, the meter is a " Digitech " cat: QM-1500, where would one set it to test a capacitor a fuse and so on, I think if I learn this then I may find the other problem to the monitor, I also replaced 3 other caps as well thinking it would help but no. thanks for the patience. and time.

Peace & Blessings.

Norm . . .

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Have a look at the attached service manual. There are schematics included. I did not yet have a deeper look into it, though.

edit: just had a look at it. the power part doesn't seem to be included.. :-/ I had a look at other forums, it seems to be a common failure. Maybe it's not the right capacitor for the ripple current you have at this point. SMPS caps usually have low internal resistance. If there is a fuse blown I would check first if there are not any power semiconductors blown as well, like main switching transistors etc.

Attachments

Last edited: