Ironic error during registration

TheSeeker

Joined May 17, 2011
As the dutiful netizen I am, I attempted to read the link to the forum's policy and TOS required for registration...only to find out you have to have a registered account to access it! ;-P

To quote a selection of the registration page:

"You are required to follow this link and read through our Rules, Code of Conduct and Terms and Conditions of Usage before you register."

"This link" refers to http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/announcement.php?a=3 which is ironically only accessible to individuals already registered! Pretty funny error, although it makes it pretty clear no one reads these policies prior to registration, or it would have been fixed long ago. The admins may want to consider fixing this for the .0000001% of people that might actually try to read it.

Ohh, and even with a newly registered account It says I still don't have sufficient privileges to access it. :rolleyes:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ohh, and even with a newly registered account It says I still don't have sufficient privileges to access it. :rolleyes:
You may find you don't have sufficient privileges to access several pages and/or options (like a signature line) until you have made 10 posts. Once there, you will have (for the most part) unlimited access throughout the forum.
Anyway, welcome to AAC!
Regards,
Der Strom

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Dave said:
The webmaster has been altered
OH NO! Who ALTERED THE WEBMASTER?!?!? ;)

I thought about having my ears altered in high-school.. but the girlfriend said she liked having something to nibble on ;)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The link in the registration dialog has now been fixed and points to the correct ToS page.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Dave