IR2125 highside driver

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The IR2125 high side driver has both a error and current sense in it. I don't need either one of these for my use. Is there a way to disable these?
My circuit only uses a high side switch or I would use a half bridge driver. Can some one help?

Attachments

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Picture 5 of the datasheet shows that the output is shut down when CS is above a certain level. I think just if you just tie the CS input to VS it should work. Are you driving this with PWM? Do you do pulse by pulse current limiting somewhere else?

Figure 4 says the output will be turned off when ERR rises. So I would connect the ERR input via a resistor to COM.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Thank you praonevou. Glad to see you posting more again.

This is for the EDM project I've been working on for seems like forever. It is a pulsed circuit, a PWM, with both frequency and duty cycle adjustable. The PWM will give some current regulation, but for this application its not real important. It is basically a metal disintegrator.

Could I talk you into look at another of my posts that ties into this one, please? Here's a link - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=81183&highlight=charge+pump Thanks.