ir2110

khaled ragab

Joined Aug 5, 2011
please could some one tell me how does ir2110 works(bootstrap using n channel high side)?
what to supply into hin and lin and what is the output will be i am confused about the working principle.
the application is motor drive using pwm

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
This application note from the manufacturer will explain - http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-978.pdf

The Hin and Lin are to be signals to turn on either high or low side switch. They should never be on at the same time, or the circuit will be shorted.

If your motor doesn't have to be reversed a single low side switch/mosfet can be used to PWM the motor. The supply voltage would be wired to one side of the motor and the others side wired to ground through the low side switch. this is the easiest way.

If the motor needs to be reversed, then you need a H-bridge circuit. That is two high side and two low side switches. Google "H-bridge circuit" for more information.

khaled ragab

Joined Aug 5, 2011
thank you for reply
my question is if i put a pwm on lin what is the input for the hin should be?
and at this application note there is nothing about pwm to lin or hin
i do not know how does it work if i set pwm to lin at the the on time of the cycle will open the low side mosfet while charging the bootstrap capacitor when the off time of the cycle come the high side mosfet is switched on so what is the use of hin pin, when i need to reverse the direction i should work on the other side of the bridge, do i get it right?, or what?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
If not using the high side switch you would put Hin to ground/common. You also don't need the bootstrap part of circuit either.

For the H-bridge, you use the high of one driver with the low of the other diver.

khaled ragab

Joined Aug 5, 2011
i have a question in ir2110 ic n channel high side switch using bootstrap operation does Hin and Lin are supplied by the same pwm at the same side and the inverted signal for the other side
or
the pwm is set to Lin and inverted to the Hin at one side and at the other side the same lin and its inverter signal also

"i know about dead time