ir2110 problems

stylediva

Joined Dec 6, 2011
what is the maximum current rating of this circuit??i want to drive the 12v DC motor with optical encoder..having 15NM torque..will this circuit drive this motor??..

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
what is the maximum current rating of this circuit??i want to drive the 12v DC motor with optical encoder..having 15NM torque..will this circuit drive this motor??..
Depends on how much current the motor draws. You could connect the motor to a 12VDC source and apply the 15Nm and measure the current.

You can achieve higher current ratings by connecting several MOSFETs in parallel (each with its own gate resistor)

stylediva

Joined Dec 6, 2011
i have 15nm dc motor with optical encoder..it will be used in my robotic arm..will this driver drive this heavy torque motor??..

stylediva

Joined Dec 6, 2011
my driver is perfectly working.its all because of your help.I need to know how can this driver be used for the clockwise and anticlockwise rotation of my DC motor??will it work in both directions??if so then how??please help..

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Add a second similar circuit. What you have now is a "half-bridge". what you need is a "H-bridge".

A half-bridge will work for one direction, a H-bridge is used for both directions. Google "H-bridge" for examples.

Thygesen

Joined Dec 2, 2010
@Stylediva: Glad you got it working. Would you be so kind as to post what the final result was as a little public service? Im starting to build a semi-passive H-bridge, and stumbled upon this thread, it would be nice not to make the same mistakes. Thanks.