Ir2110 ho

dexterpoet

Joined Jul 5, 2013
Hi All,

I am having a challenge with the IR2110 driver, I have been able to generate my PWM signals for the HIN and LIN, but the HO output voltage is constant (almost at Vcc) and LO is zero.

How do I confirm the HO and LO without the mosfets and load connected to it, as I do not want to damage them, or do I have to connect them to see that they are switching properly. I have attached the pictures below. Thanks.

pic 1: Vcc (13) is connected to ground
pic 2: Complementary PWM signals
pic 3: HO (green) and LO (red) outputs

Attachments

Last edited:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
How do I confirm the HO and LO without the mosfets and load connected to it, as I do not want to damage them, or do I have to connect them to see that they are switching properly.
Just connect everything as it's supposed to be but do not put voltage on the drain of the upper MOSFET (bus voltage) or connect a power supply with current limiting.

dexterpoet

Joined Jul 5, 2013
Thanks praondevou,

I will try this as soon as I get back to the lab, as it is closed over the weekends. However, my PWM signal into the HIN and LIN are at a maximum of 5volts and a frequency of 2.55kHz, will the bootstrap capacitor of 0.1uF I used be able to charge and discharge to keep the high side mosfet on for the required time?