IR sensor

minh_dp

Joined Nov 25, 2012
Appreciate your input, mcgyvr. Yes, it is 38KHz IR receiver.
It would be nice if anyone can identify the manufacturing # (datasheet) of component from the picture.
I think it's PL-IRM0101-3 but I'm not certain. I'd like to know which pin is the output pin.

Thanks once again.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Appreciate your input, mcgyvr. Yes, it is 38KHz IR receiver.
It would be nice if anyone can identify the manufacturing # (datasheet) of component from the picture.
I think it's PL-IRM0101-3 but I'm not certain. I'd like to know which pin is the output pin.

Thanks once again.
So far I've yet to ever see one of those with any part No markings.

I usually aquire mine from scrap TVs etc - if they're on a sub-panel, I leave them there and keep the panel so I can identify the pin layout when I'm ready to use it.

GND is usually blindingly obvious, Vcc (5V) has the + side of a small electrolytic and a 100 Ohm resistor - the track to the output pin is usually the thinnest and snakes off across the board never to be seen again.

IIRC - the output has a pull-up sesistor somewhere in the region of 15 - 20k, you might be able to identify O/P & Vcc from that, that only leaves GND - applying 5V to the O/P shouldn't do much with no Vcc to switch the transistor on, you could just get away with trial & error.