IR Remote Control Relay Help ???

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One primary rule when something doesn't work or fails, is logical trouble shooting, IOW take a stage at a time starting with the input and perform voltage tests with circuit activated and de-activated.
Also you will learn alot more than someone telling you what might be wrong!
Max.

Last edited:

HaseebEngineer

Joined Aug 8, 2013
I have checked twice, the connections are okay ... but it just doesn't respond to the remote signal ... both my transmitter and receiver is 38KHz ... I just can't figure out

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
What is the wavelength of your transmitter diode ?

Check your circuit again , poke your DMM /oscillosope around and check if you are seeing what you should see on each junction .

Identify the problem : Is the the reciever stage? Is there an output on it ?
Is it the CD4017 thats the problem ? etc

HaseebEngineer

Joined Aug 8, 2013
I am using a TV Remote Control ...
Today i remake the circuit and now i see that when i press the button on the remote the relay stops and starts again with in a second ... like a tick tock ... everytime i transmit a signal the led connected to the relay turn off and on like a seconds hand on the clock ... :(

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
I am using a TV Remote Control ...
Today i remake the circuit and now i see that when i press the button on the remote the relay stops and starts again with in a second ... like a tick tock ... everytime i transmit a signal the led connected to the relay turn off and on like a seconds hand on the clock ... :(
You have probaly misunderstood how these TSOP recievers work .
You don't just send it a LOW or a high and expect it to latch .
If i'm not mistaken the output just sits at 5volts and they need an alternating signal to give an alternating output .

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Right, most of them detect a carrier and activate, then deactivate after a second or two. Somewhere RB advised of one that latches whenever the carrier is detected. I forget but maybe it will show up in a search of these forums.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The reverse-EMF diode on the relay coil appears to be connected backwards.
What is the current requirement of the relay coil?