inverter

Aadil17992

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I was wondering if anyone can provide me with comprehensive information regarding the construction of an inverter from start to finish. I would like to use it in an induction heater, so it should be able to handle anything from 2 kw and up. Furthermore, I am rectifying mains ac to dc and using a smoothing capacitor,thus the input voltage is above 220 volts. I would, therefore, also like to know if i should first step down this voltage then convert to dc? Also, doesn't the inverter step up the low input dc(after being converted to ac) voltages as those you get from car batterries, so was wondering that this high input current would not necessitate stepping up voltage?N.B i appreciate the time taken to read and consider answering, but please do not reply by saying not enough info, if you feel there is anything left out, please answer with that taken into consideration.

Much apprecation

Joined Nov 30, 2010
We don't have full blown engineers waiting to teach you a college level course and design inverters from scratch for you.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
N.B i appreciate the time taken to read and consider answering, but please do not reply by saying not enough info, if you feel there is anything left out, please answer with that taken into consideration.

Much apprecation
So we are to hand over our custom-designed inverter for you, but we don't get to ask questions?

Here's my solution:
Connect...... PWM....sine....90° phase shift .... bear.... honey.... large amount of glue.....unreasonably large pickle...... 2kW inverter!

If you feel there is anything left out, please build with that taken into consideration.:D

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Before writing posts, think of handing over your papers in a job fair.

Would you attach a weird party photo with a supposed to be appreciated comical gesture?

Or also drink a Red Bull, throw the can over your shoulder and burp.

Your post is like that.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Before writing posts, think of handing over your papers in a job fair.

Would you attach a weird party photo with a supposed to be appreciated comical gesture?

Or also drink a Red Bull, throw the can over your shoulder and burp.

Your post is like that.
uhhh.... what?:confused:

We need to design an inverter, why aren't you helping!?

Last edited:

Aadil17992

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Firstly i apologise for offending anyone, it was not my intention. I just wanted info on how to build a decent inverter to make a high powered induction heater. if anyone can help?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

Aadil17992

Joined Nov 6, 2012
thanks, the info was very useful.going to read over it and try to understand it.I have a very basic understanding of electronics.I cannot use mains ac because it is only 50 hz and i have read that the induction heater needs high frequency ac.