inverter circuit

ishaan3731

Joined Jun 23, 2011
actually i want to model a simple home based inverter that will simply shift the supply from AC (supply from mains[220 V , 50 Hz]) to a supply from a DC battery rated 6V. I just want to light a small led based tubelight and a small dc motor to model the fan!!!!

Please help me on how to start off ie. concpet and components to be used!!!!!
If possible please provide a block diagram or a circuit diagram with ur explanation.

Note: i haven't included the battery charging unit in this circuit!!!!!!!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You do not need an inverter. An inverter does the opposite.
Instead you want a simple battery charger circuit.
The datasheet for the battery will tell you how to charge it.
Make the battery charger with enough extra current to light the LED and power the fan.

ishaan3731

Joined Jun 23, 2011
u might be getting confused by the name inverter!!!!!!

Actually this circuit is connected to the supply from the mains that is 220V ac (50 hze ).......this supply is the stepped down by a transformer to 6V Ac,50hz......then i am using a bridge rectifier to convert this 6Vac to DC voltage....and will use this DC voltage to operate my led based tubelight and a small dc motor(to model a fan)...........

The modification in this circuit is that when i switch off the supply from mains this circuit should take supply from a dc battery of 6V and hence maintain the flow of DC voltage to the led tubelight and dc motor .

And again when i switch ON the mains supply it should start taking supply from the mains and switch off the supply taken from the dc battery!!!!!

Now i hope it wud be crystal clear for u all!!!!

NOTE: i dont want to include a battery charging circuit....as i dont want to charge my dc battery.....i just wanna use it at the time my AC supply is siwtched off!!!!!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Use one rectifier diode from the battery to the LED tubelight and DC motor. It will prevent the Rectified aC from charging the battery.
Also connect the fullwave bridge rectifier to the LED tubelight and DC motor.

If the output voltage of the fullwave bridge rectifier is a little higher than the output of the rectifier diode added in series with the battery then it will power the LED tubelight and DC motor when the AC is available.

ishaan3731

Joined Jun 23, 2011
ok so thats it...i have to use a diode to prevent AC from the mains to charge it....it got the concept that diode will be in reverse bias when AC tries to charge it......... So battery wont supply the motor and led till ac supply is on and once ac supply is off the diode will be forward biased and will allow supply to motor and led tubelight.....

THNKU SO SO MUCH!!!!!! Can i use IN4148 Diode......with the battery?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Can i use IN4148 Diode......with the battery?
Why don't you look at the datasheet for your motor to see its maximum current (starting and stalled) at the supply voltage you are using?
Then why don't you look at the datasheet for 1N4148 diode to see the absolute maximum continuous DC current (300mA) for it?

If you don't have a datasheet for your motor then measure its resistance then use Ohm's Law to calculate its maximum current.