Inverter Battery Charger problem

JACOCAMPER

Joined Jul 1, 2005
I have a Carson Model CP20 FKCR-2 inverter battery charger on my JACO camp trailer and need to find wiring information or a web page for the manufacture. Can anyone help?

Thanks

car guy

Joined Aug 3, 2005
Originally posted by JACOCAMPER@Jul 1 2005, 06:43 PM
I have a Carson Model CP20 FKCR-2 inverter battery charger on my JACO camp trailer and need to find wiring information or a web page for the manufacture. Can anyone help?

Thanks
[post=8873]Quoted post[/post]​
Hello- I am wondering what the problem is, if any, with your inverter in your camper. I have the same one in my 1989 Jayco, that puked the 12 volt side last month. I was able to test the circuit and repair the problem. I can share the info with you, as Carson is no longer in business, and a new inverter is over $600. You can e-mail me at scottmak@comcast.net if you would like. Just trying to help a fellow camper....

smed000

Joined Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by car guy@Aug 2 2005, 11:22 PM
Hello- I am wondering what the problem is, if any, with your inverter in your camper. I have the same one in my 1989 Jayco, that puked the 12 volt side last month. I was able to test the circuit and repair the problem. I can share the info with you, as Carson is no longer in business, and a new inverter is over $600. You can e-mail me at scottmak@comcast.net if you would like. Just trying to help a fellow camper....
[post=9399]Quoted post[/post]​
Hello,

I have the same unit, also in a Jayco. I'm looking for an operating guide that will tell me how to use it.

Also, is there such a thing as a step-down unit that will take 50-amp power and cut it down to the 15 amps that the panel is spec'd for?

Thanks!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I have moved this topic to the General Electronics Chat forum, since it is better suited there. It will also provide it better exposure.

Dave