inverted pendulum

hami007

Joined Oct 26, 2008
hi i have to make an inverted pendulum by only using a pully instead of a cart yep a pendulum will be balanced in an inverted position by using a pully i want website links for this project thx A lot ov info is available on google but i m confused how is it possible to balance a pendulum by not using a cart and with only a pully explain

Last edited:

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I think what is being requested is a design that involves an inverted pendulum that is balanced by a motor driven belt (pulley) to which the pendulum is attached at its bottom point.

hgmjr

Last edited:

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Supposing hgmjr is right, what is it you want on an electronics forum, ham? More information is needed to even make a guess at what you are asking.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's a standard University type assignmentwhere they use an electronic accelerometer and circuit/software to control a inverted pendulum and keep it upright. Mostly they put the pendulum on a wheeled "cart" but I guess you could use pulleys...

It's annoying because any student googling for "inverted pendulum assignment" should get all the info they need without having to ask someone to do their assignment for them... :(

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
True, RB. And this is a feedback problem, so now we know! We need to have some info on the sensors and actuators, then we can help with the circuit.