Inverse Laplace

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Hasnatsaeed, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Hasnatsaeed

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Hi..i need to determine the inverse laplace of F(s)=((s^2)-(∏^2))/((s^2)+(∏^2))^2..........by either differentiation or integration of Transforms method..no other methods..i know thee inverse laplace of this s-domain function is t cos(∏t) but i cant figure out a way to show this through either of the two methods mentioned.plz help thanks

2. tyblu

Nov 29, 2010
    This belongs in the math forum.

<br />
F(s) = \left(\frac{s^2-\pi^2}{s^2+\pi^2}\right)^2 \\<br />
\\<br />
\text{Let } Y(s) = \frac{s^2-\pi^2}{s^2+\pi^2} <br />
 = \frac{s^2}{s^2+\pi^2} - \frac{pi^2}{s^2+\pi^2} \\<br />
\\<br />
\mathscr{L}^{-1}\{Y(s)\}<br />
 = \mathscr{L}^{-1}\{\frac{s^2}{s^2+\pi^2} - \frac{pi^2}{s^2+\pi^2}\}<br />
 = \mathscr{L}^{-1}\{\frac{s^2}{s^2+\pi^2}\} - \mathscr{L}^{-1}\{\frac{pi^2}{s^2+\pi^2}\}<br />

You do the next part, and indicate where you get stuck.

3. Hasnatsaeed

Sep 23, 2010
    its F(s)=((s^2)-(∏^2)) / ((s^2)+(∏^2))^2....the denominator is squared not the whole expression and i am supposed to determine the inverse laplace through either differentiation or integration of laplace.i.e by either using......L{tf(t)}= -F'(s)...or......L{f(t)/t}=∫F(s).ds(the limit is from 0 to ∞)

4. Hasnatsaeed

Sep 23, 2010
    i tried to put it into the math section but due to double threads it was closed:(..so i cant actually

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I said, you can continue here.
    This thread was already on the go.

Bertus

6. tyblu

Nov 29, 2010
  7. Hasnatsaeed

Sep 23, 2010
    To use any one of the methods mentioned i have to either first differentiate it or integrate it with respect to s and then take their inverse laplace and then multiply or divide by t depending upon whether i am following differentiation method or integration..thats the approach i am supposed to follow. you are just telling me to get the answer out straight foreward by taking inverse laplace.

8. Hasnatsaeed

Sep 23, 2010
    if i differentiate i get this.now the inverse laplace of this is equal to -tf(t)...now how can i show that f(t)=tcos(pi.t)?

• sol.bmp
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views: