Inverse Laplace Transform

Thread Starter

jegues

Joined Sep 13, 2010
733
Evening gents,

Can someone explain to me how,

\(\Delta f(s) = \frac{-K}{1+sT} \Delta P_{d}(s)\)

becomes

\(\Delta f(t) = -K (1-e^{\frac{-t}{T}})|P_{d}(t)|\)

when removed from the Laplace domain.

I would have expected the following result,

\(\Delta f(t) = \frac{-K}{T} e^{\frac{-t}{T}}P_{d}(t)\)

I'm guessing maybe there was an initial condition imposed such that,

\(\Delta f(t=0) = 0\)

Any ideas?
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,198
Evening gents,

Can someone explain to me how,

\(\Delta f(s) = \frac{-K}{1+sT} \Delta P_{d}(s)\)

becomes

\(\Delta f(t) = -K (1-e^{\frac{-t}{T}})|P_{d}(t)|\)

when removed from the Laplace domain.

I would have expected the following result,

\(\Delta f(t) = \frac{-K}{T} e^{\frac{-t}{T}}P_{d}(t)\)

I'm guessing maybe there was an initial condition imposed such that,

\(\Delta f(t=0) = 0\)

Any ideas?
What's the relationship between the function ΔP_d and the function P_d?

In the s-domain you have two functions multiplied together. When you take the inverse Laplace transform that ends up being convolution in the time domain.
 

blah2222

Joined May 3, 2010
582
Working backwards:

\(

\Delta f(t) = -K|P_{d}| + K|P_{d}|e^{-\frac{t}{T}}

\)

Transforming to S-Domain:

\(

\Delta F(s) = \frac{-K|P_{d}|}{s} + \frac{K|P_{d}|}{s + \frac{1}{T}}

\Delta F(s) = \frac{-K|P_{d}|}{s} + \frac{TK|P_{d}|}{1 + sT}

\Delta F(s) = \frac{-K|P_{d}| - sTK|P_{d}| + sTK|P_{d}|}{s(1 + sT)} = \frac{-K|P_{d}|}{s(1 + sT)}

\)

By this logic and assuming |P_d| is a constant I can only assume that Δf is some sort of step response to a given step function P_d(t), though the Δ notation is somewhat confusing.
 
Top