Internet privacy vol.#

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Loosewire,has a star......Mr. Moderator...Georacer ,I guess we can be traced by

google by good computer operators...we could be found by other members.

Am I right above any of this....anyone can jump in...can you trace

someone and keep it to your self.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
Loosewire,has a star......Mr. Moderator...Georacer ,I guess we can be traced by

google by good computer operators...we could be found by other members.

Am I right above any of this....anyone can jump in...can you trace

someone and keep it to your self.

then what do you think about the cloud computing ?????
Is your data safe there ?????

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I brought the conversation here, since the "Where are you from" thread is much more easily serviced when it's tidy and on-topic.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am not a fan of cloud computing. Frankly I put anyone who trusts it as a borderline idiot. I will use it for my email, but a powerful computer with several terabytes is dirt cheap, why would I trust anyone with my personal and valuable information? Backups are also a valid use, since it is removing this data from harms way, but it is still at risk. The only security is what you get from obscurity.

Here at AAC we can tell where the posts were entered from. If there is a corporate network the system can be fooled, but this is rare. We can also record individual markers on computers, so if they enter again, say, as a second account, we can tell. This allows us to tell if someone who is banned is trying to get back in. No one here really cares who you are otherwise.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I think it might be quite easy to get IP addresses of users.

Link

<ed> Someone in Greece just clicked the link </ed>
<ed> Someone in America just clicked the link
I'm just looking at my server log, something anyone can do.
Obviously I'm not using it for anything bad, but you get IP address which narrows it down to the city, maybe better.</ed>
<ed> Someone in England clicked
Anyway, bored of looking at server logs now. I don't think Loosewire has clicked the link, so his identity remains unknown</ed>

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
It not worth buying one,do think guys on the forum can do that. I already have a google pin

that the same thing,right.

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
dear all
i thought i got a star so i got HAPPY and tryrd to share my happiness with you all ACC
but i fell now my happiness has created a dispute over 'security'