1. pravesh

    Thread Starter New Member

    Mar 23, 2010
    hw to interface 8051 to a pc on serial ports?
    plz specify in detail i dont know much about it?
  2. t06afre

    AAC Fanatic!

    May 11, 2009
    If you will communicate with a PC you must use a RS232 level translator. A very common chip for this is a MAX232 type chip. Just Google max232. Also have attention to details. Like if the transmission rate you use is compatible with your CPU clock frequency.
    Also Google is your friend. If you Google the phrase 8051 rs232 you will find tons of examples
    pravesh likes this.
  3. Umer_Farooq

    Senior Member

    Mar 6, 2010
    Through a MAX232 you connect to PC comport and communication with PC
    Through Google you search MAX232 data sheet and read data sheet

    than if problem please send thread
    pravesh likes this.