integrating digital and analog

Rothwell

Joined Jul 16, 2010
the project I'm doing involves a small pinhole camera connected to a camera's viewfinder, along with an array of IR LEDs in order to see in the dark. My problem is that the schematics call for an analog viewfinder; I guess analog viewfinders have one wire coming out of them for video that can easily be soldered to the video out of the pinhole camera. However, I have a digital viewfinder on my hands; it has a small ribbon cable coming out of it.
My question is: is it possible to integrate this digital viewfinder into the circuit?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-Nightvision-Headset-Hack/step6/Install-all-of-the-components/

the link is to the schematic

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
An analog viewfinder is a purely optical device. In a reflex camera, the optical path is to the side of the camera lens. In a single lens reflex camera, a mirror allow the viewer to look through the camera's lens. Analog viewfinders only have light coming out.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
There's no easy way to take an analog video signal and convert it to the type of signal a typical lcd display requires.