Instruction

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You guys aren't vetted teachers and Instructors,Joe has in his Information
f.C.C. Instructor. He wanted no part of post.When a teacher plan a class,
which has a offical title for teacher,the teacher teachs electronic his or hers lessons that are approved. They don't vary from the lessons as planned.That why you get the help questions from the lone guns. So the forums is correct to keep you from becoming teachers. You don't know the age of students and because they are able to sign up on the Forum,they don't need to bypass there class work.When they go out into the work place they will join a system that will get them to your status someday.Think about how the education and workplace preforms before taking up causes that key words will come back to haunt you.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome back guy, you have been cussed and discussed.

To be a teacher in something you know needs no approval. To paraphrase Socrates, all a school needs is a teacher and student.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
It is interesting to learn that standardisation has apparently been so successful in some parts of the world
When a teacher plan a class, which has a offical title for teacher,the teacher teachs electronic his or hers lessons that are approved. They don't vary from the lessons as planned.
So the teacher's activity reduces to delivering a set of invariant lectures, with no questions from the students permitted. Is that really a good model for education? Do we still require a teacher at all in this case, or can (s)he be replaced by a video player or a computer?

I can see that it is very desirable to vet teachers, and to monitor the material taught where it is required to cover a given syllabus. Clearly the student deserves to receive the right material so that he or she will have a good chance of meeting the requirements of the course. Beyond this, there may be considerations of individual and public safety: we would not want anyone to qualify as an electrician, a doctor, an airline pilot, or even an automobile driver unless they been properly taught to do their job.

Can we then extend the argument to say that no teaching activity is permissible outside of a formal setting employing only qualified teachers? Should this include a bar on helping students left puzzled by questions which their officially planned and approved lessons seem to have left unanswered? What do you think?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
This isn't what Loosewire meant. He meant that tuition plans are made for each lesson so that the tutor doesn't wander at will within the limits of his expertise. He is required to teach specific knowledge that is considered important from the school board or ministry of education.

For example, a teacher of Digital Design might be tempted to analyse the contents of a logic gate (ie transistors and transistor behaviour) but he isn't allowed to, because that would be out of the limits of his lesson.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I see that I may have misunderstood what the OP was saying. This also seems to refer back to another discussion which I'm not familiar with, so perhaps it was unwise of me to comment. Having received a few rambling lectures in my time, I can see the point as you have explained it.

That said, the OP did say
So the forums is correct to keep you from becoming teachers.
Couldn't a great deal of what is said on this forum be construed as teaching? If that had to stop, what would be left? No homework questions could be answered, as this would be teaching. Presenting a circuit (and especially explaining it) could also be regarded in the same way. What's actually allowed?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
What Is allowed,discussion within the the limits of knowledge. What to say and when to say It. We have learned what happens to professors when they are Invited to give thier opinions, they are regarded as strange. Should they be In a class room or a gage. So when you spend your life In a class room,you become a wanderer. No place to go but down.