Input about a book

atldave

Joined Jul 26, 2010
In reference to "The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications", I see one of the reviewers mention that it's a great engineering reference. Unfortunately, they don't have a preview and I would rather avoid the purchase and sending back routine.

Is this book's audience for the engineer or can someone who understands the lessons on this website and who has gotten through Freshmen calculus (derivative and integral: failed differential equations) understand the material?

If not, do any of you have a suggestion for someone who wants to learn more about radio but who doesn't have the talent for engineering?

I've built some Ramsey kits and they have really nice explanations of their circuits but I want a little more than that and more than what's on Wikipedia.

Thank you.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
I don't think you can go wrong with this technical reference, it would be a peremptory decision to purchase it. I acquired the 2009 ARRL Handbook and have noted its propitious explanations and definitions, so I'm sure you would be able to understand the material quite well.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008