Info source re: add a USB interface 80C52 project, please?

Louise

Joined Jan 17, 2010
Hello Everybody!
I intend to increase the functionality of an 80C52 project by adding a USB controller and writing the necessary code so that I can attach USB peripherals to the board. (By peripherals, I mean both 'devices' and 'functions'). Does anyone know of a good source of information to assist me in this task, please? At the moment I am using "USB in a Nutshell" by Craig Peacock, but I could do with something a bit more in-depth really. Many thanks,in anticipation,
Louise
P.s. I would prefer to use Assembler, but am prepared to use (Borland) Turbo C if necessary.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I've found the MAX3421 a very easy to use device. There are a number of classes, and you may want to zero in on a specific one, then study it's requirements.

And quite frankly, I would never attempt such an adventure in assembly, Although you can find many code examples in assembly. I use the Atmel 8051 core devices and find they have a good selection of coding examples.

Louise

Joined Jan 17, 2010
Many thanks to GetDeviceInfo and beenthere for their suggestions. I will doubtless be back for more help with this!!