Inductor and Ferrite Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pusle

Joined Dec 23, 2009
What is the main transformer in a disposable camera called like the part number and everything cause mine burnt out

And what is an inducer

Adam

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
take a very, very close look at the component on the flash circuit and Google parts of the number. You may find a replacement part that way.

Be aware that the capacitor alongside the transformer can be holding a wallop of a charge. 400 volts in some cases BE CAREFUL!!

There is a reason they are called "disposable"

an inducer on a snow blower would be the impeller,
if you are looking to induce labor, a pediatrician is the person.
oh my, I almost forgot about the Phase Inducer on Ster Trek!
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Phase_inducer

an inductor, on the other hand, is a coil of wire.
choke, solenoid, coil....

from wiki:
An inductor or a reactor is a passive electrical component that can store energy in a magnetic field created by the electric current passing through it. An inductor's ability to store magnetic energy is measured by its inductance, in units of henries. Typically an inductor is a conducting wire shaped as a coil, the loops helping to create a strong magnetic field inside the coil due to Faraday's Law of Induction. Inductors are one of the basic electronic components used in electronics where current and voltage change with time, due to the ability of inductors to delay and reshape alternating currents...............more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What is the main transformer in a disposable camera called like the part number and everything cause mine burnt out

And what is an inducer

Adam
Even if you could identify a part number, your chances of replacing a damaged part in a disposable cmaera and having it work again are so close to nil as to not be worth worrying about.

Pusle

Joined Dec 23, 2009
Ok so instead of getting that exact part here's what i want to do

i want to create a capacitor charger with the EXACT specs as the disposable camera, the camera cap charger has an output of about 250V, the components of the charger are 1 transistor D965, 1 resistor 220ohm, 1 Diode RI500F and this transformer it is small the length of the core is 10mm and the coil bit is 6mm, it has dark blue tape around it has 3 legs one side and 2 legs other side and it says "1001 10" and the other side of the middle core says "GC"

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/uc350vc.gif this looks like the right one but the transformers in these schematics don’t tell me where to get them or what they are and they only use 2 legs on each side?

Adam

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Could be. This needs to close.

Why all the interest in zapping someone? Then you have to worry about baseball bats used by the zapee to indicate a certain displeasure with getting zapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.