induction motor question

ene2012

Joined Jan 27, 2013
I have a question regarding INDUCTION MOTOR. In v/f method of speed control of IM we change both the parameters inorder to keep ratio constant so that, torque remains contant also if one of the parameter is varied keeping other constant (voltage increased or frequency decreased) it causes flux saturation. if these happens practically, stator winding will burn due to increased magnetising current. but if stator winding does not burn may be we have best cooling technic ;) then How it will affect stator and rotor? will it affect them permananlty or come back to its original state if resetted again???

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
www.***********

search for document # 17569826

The server there does not allow a link to be posted. The website name becomes '*****' when it is displayed and will not link directly.

Edit: Damn. You cant even link to the home page. Go to SCRIBD. This means type in www. and then scribd, and then put dot com Then put the number in the search box and you will get to the document I'm trying to link to.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Scribd is blocked due to the fact that they do not take the copyrights serious.
Please do NOT link to that site.

Bertus

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I have a question regarding INDUCTION MOTOR. In v/f method of speed control of IM we change both the parameters inorder to keep ratio constant so that, torque remains contant also if one of the parameter is varied keeping other constant (voltage increased or frequency decreased) it causes flux saturation. if these happens practically, stator winding will burn due to increased magnetising current. but if stator winding does not burn may be we have best cooling technic ;) then How it will affect stator and rotor? will it affect them permananlty or come back to its original state if resetted again???
If the winding insulation hasn't been damaged then the motor should not be affected by the high magnetizing current.