Increasing and Decreasing variables in circuit wizard 2 using genie -- Pls help :)

VeryBadBoat

Joined Nov 17, 2011
I have drawn out a circuit whereby when a object is sensed to be a certain distance away there is a delay between the time this is detected and the time it takes for an input to be given, i have created a flow chart for this (ultrasonic flow chart in attatchment). I want a flow chart that uses two of the three switches to increase and decrease this delay by 10 seconds from 10 to 30. Any help would be useful, pls check out attatchment and take into account I'm using genie.

I can also supply the circuit wizard file

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It is best to attach a .png format image file, as everyone who is a member can read that format file with nothing more than their web browser.

Do a screen print by bringing up your schematic, and pressing Ctrl+PrintScreen or Alt+PrintScreen
Then start MS Paint, and paste the clipboard image to Paint by pressing Ctrl+V, or selecting Edit->Paste
Crop to suit if necessary
Then, File -> Save As...
For type of file, select .PNG (Portable Network Graphics) - if that is not available for some reason (old operating system) then select .gif
Give it a filename and save it.

On this board, click the "Go Advanced" button near the bottom, then the "Manage Attachments" button near the bottom of the next page.
It's fairly self-explanatory from there.

If you want to also include your schematic files, that's fine. However, if they don't end in .asc, .sch, .txt or other "approved" file extension, you will either need to rename it, or use a utility like WinZip or 7-zip to create a .zip file from it.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'm not familiar with "Genie".

Your LEDs have no current limiting resistors on them. I do not know what the I/O source/sink current limit is for a Genie, but many LEDs need to be limited to 20mA current or less. Put resistors in series with the LEDs. It's preferable to have the current limiting resistors on the side furthest from ground; in this case it is between the LEDs and the Genie I/O pins.

Q1 must have a current limiting resistor between its' base and the Genie I/O pin; 220 Ohms would give you ~20mA current on the I/O pin, and allow you to sink up to 200mA current from the transistors' collector.

It would be better if your solenoid were on the collector side of transistor Q1, that way you will have a saturated switch instead of a voltage follower.

You need a diode across the solenoids' coil. Without it, the transistor will get blasted with a very high-voltage spike when it turns off. Cathode goes towards positive.

Your buzzer may need a driver transistor depending on how much current it needs.

You seem to be operating the circuit directly from a 9v battery. I don't know if the Genie will run with that, but most LCD's will burn up at that high a voltage.

I am really out of time at the moment, I have a meeting to go to.

VeryBadBoat

Joined Nov 17, 2011
thanks a lot for your help but as I explained I really still have some problems with the re-programmable delay (i.e. +10 secs on the delay after no movement is detected and -10 secs when those two swtiches are pushed) if you could help me with this I would be very greatful thanks for all the help you have already given me :)