Impedance Matching for Echosounder

naumankalia

Joined Feb 19, 2016
hi,
Where did you get the expected echo signal value of 5 to7uV from.?
The effective RMS power of a 200Vppk transducer drive is 100Vpk * 0.707 = ~ 70Watts.

Typically to measure depths down to 1500 mtrs, you should be driving at around 1kWatt effective.

Echo sounder transducers are designed to mount through the hull of the boat or off set using a boom mount.
The print head transducer you are planning to use would have to be mounted inside the boats hull as the transducer is not water proof, this means a further reduction overall echo signal return strength.

I have asked a number of times, what is the actual application, in other words how will the system be used.?

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=197

E
Hi Eric

Using the transmitting sensitivity of transducer and maximum voltage delivered to this transducer by MP118 Power Amplifier , i calculated the Source Level (SL=TVR + 20log10(Vrms)). Assuming target strength of sea bed and by calculating the two way transmission loss at 33 kHz, I calculated the Echo Level (EL = SL -2XTL +TS) which came out to be around 5 uv for 1500 m deep sea bottom in good sea conditions.

The echo sounder is required to be mounted at bottom of boat for sea bottom depth measurements. How it will be mounted i have no idea yet. The output needed to be shown in form of Echogram display as well as in form of numerical values