image intensity calculation in MATLAB

sreeganesh88

Joined Jan 19, 2009
I want to calculate the intensity of the IR image and a normal image and then compare it...choosin the image with better intensity to further proceed...
(using MATLAB)...

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I want to calculate the intensity of the IR image and a normal image and then compare it...choosin the image with better intensity to further proceed...
(using MATLAB)...
There should be an imaging toolbox that has ROI selection. (I haven't had my hands on the latest MATLAB version...RATS!) But there should be a tool for doing that without hardly thinking. :)

eric

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
There should be an imaging toolbox that has ROI selection. (I haven't had my hands on the latest MATLAB version...RATS!) But there should be a tool for doing that without hardly thinking. :)

eric
Yes Eric, it will require the Image Processing toolbox (at least to do it with relative ease) but there needs to be some clarification on the term "intensity".

Btw, Matlab is expensive, have a look at one of the free alternatives which largely replicate the Matlab functionality.

Dave

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Btw, Matlab is expensive, have a look at one of the free alternatives which largely replicate the Matlab functionality.

Dave[/quote]

Yes it is. I use Scilab with Linux at home. However Matlab is widely available on most university campuses. Or a lot of them, anyway. :)

Eric

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Yes it is. I use Scilab with Linux at home. However Matlab is widely available on most university campuses. Or a lot of them, anyway. :)

Eric
I really should get round to giving Scilab a go after someone here recommended it to me. I use Matlab at work, it does have its flaws, but on the flip-side I would go without it for several reasons. I find that Octave gives the best compatibility with core-Matlab, but FreeMat gives the Matlab feel.

Dave