I'm not as old as I thought.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It doesn't block my peripheral vision, it has 4 different lenses of better quality, it is lighter, it has a much brighter light that is more maneuverable and also detachable and magnetic so you can stick it to a metal surface, and the visor doesn't loosen every time I lift the visor.
I'll admit that I nearly did not order it because of the price. But now that I have it, it is well worth the price!
But are the lenses GLASS?

Glass has to be ground, which means good lens curvature and less eyesight damage. Also glass is hard and won't scratch or craze from solvents.

rc3po

Joined Feb 12, 2014
But are the lenses GLASS?

Glass has to be ground, which means good lens curvature and less eyesight damage. Also glass is hard and won't scratch or craze from solvents.
They seem like some type of plastic. I couldn't find much info on their website, so I sent a request to know more about the lenses. I will let you know what I find out if I'm not banned by then.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Sorry to interrupt the argument on visors (as I type while wearing my $4 China Cheapie,) but here's my breakout board and my very first attempt at electric skillet soldering. Not the best, but it works!

Attachments

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Congratulations!

And to offer a suggestion; that could have been soldered with a fine point iron in a few seconds. You just hold the part down, apply the freshly tinned tip to each row of 3 legs, and if you get solder bridges between legs you can drag them off with a clean tip later. :)

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Congratulations!

And to offer a suggestion; that could have been soldered with a fine point iron in a few seconds. You just hold the part down, apply the freshly tinned tip to each row of 3 legs, and if you get solder bridges between legs you can drag them off with a clean tip later. :)
I did manage to solder them with my iron...not too bad after the first couple. I have 20 more to do tomorrow. Here's the application.

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Thanks for the photo. :)

What does the 6pin device do? I can see a PICaxe breadboard adapter, with a USB->UART board on the left, but am still at a loss to know why it needs the 6pin device?