I'm looking for 5pin and 6pin DIN molded female connectors

colofofong

Joined Jul 17, 2018
Anyone knows where to buy bulk female cables of this types? These are 5pin and 6pin DIN female or female to female cables? I searched aliexpress but i see alot of unmolded ones.
6pin.png 5pin.png

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
A quick google for "5 pin DIN cable" gives many hits. Plenty on offer via E-bay etc.
Most of those will be male, male to male patch cords, male to female extensions or mini DIN. You have to be really careful with ebay. The reasonable quality correct items may appear there but often it's only to clear out an overstock or overrun quantity.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Are you taking about standard DIN or mini DIN connectors ? Your statement "most of them are not what im looking" is not very helpful. In what respect do they not meet your requirements ?

Les.

colofofong

Joined Jul 17, 2018
Hi there! The female din connectors im looking are standard but upon searching on ebay, aliexpress, etc.. I found out that these are not easily available to buy. Most female connectors are(left picture):

in which you have to assemble and solder all the wires manually. What im looking are female din connectors that are already assembled (im not sure if the term is overmolded or molded) with 4 or 5 wires on the other end for connecting to whatever im building. Im actually making a soarer's usb converter for old keyboards and im currently using the above din female connector. It works great and i can easily buy the above connectors in bulk but needs a lot of work to assemble just like i said.

Are you taking about standard DIN or mini DIN connectors ? Your statement "most of them are not what im looking" is not very helpful. In what respect do they not meet your requirements ?

Les.

colofofong

Joined Jul 17, 2018