I'm Back

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I'm back chaps.

I got the test papers back and they're are quite crap. I don't understand why I made the errors I did. Even then, some of the marking seems quite strict and very confusing.

I got 4 out of 6 marks for describing how to use an oscilloscope - now, seeing as I use one nearly every day, I would have thought I would have got a better mark - looking at my answer now, I still can't think of anything I haven't mentioned short of "turn it on".

Also, there's absolute nonsense with calculations on parts of it - for example, I didn't get any marks for a couple of questions because I didn't draw lines to show the points where I got the gradient - nevermind that I actually used maths and got the correct gradient.:mad:

Anyhow, back into the swing of things, so I plan to do some more tinkering. I want to get back with uC's, so I'll dig out the boards and books.

Keep an eye out.

Sparky

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Thank you Steve, I will also aim to help beginners out a little more.

Some people liked my explanations of things like 555 timers, perhaps I could offer some other explanations now my knowledge has increased slightly.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
We 've talked about this before, but exams can be completely out of place. What's the merit of a question that asks you to describe the use of an oscilloscope? Get the lad in a lab and let him show you! Bureaucracy sometimes puts you miles behind.

Sadly, you must work within the system if you want its merits.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Sounds like you started from the top down on the scope,there are such things as

average and peak voltage,just for one. Using the source voltage you need to know

how to calulate these voltage too. Good luck on your new beginnings,read the

instruction manual,so you know what the scope does in detail.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
In class we were only really taught the very basics, time base, voltage etc.

I explained this and even talked about afew other points like triggers just to make sure.

I will wait for the mark scheme. D: