I'll Show Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Sue_AF6LJ

Joined Mar 16, 2013
Now that I have your attention; I wanted to start a thread to see where Y'all do your electronics goodness.........

I'll start off with a picture and a description of what I have.

Because I have two projects in the works right now and because I am posting build threads elsewhere I thought I would take the oppratunity and show off my humble but effective workspace. This is by no means everything, there is more located in the garage and under the desk that makes an appearance from time to time.

Most of what I do is in analogue and mainly RF centered.
I don't have a lot of fancy RF type gear just an IFR FM/AM-1000S communications monitor (on the left)
Various peaces of ham gear all of it old enough to vote (18 years +)
Most of you will recognize the Tek 466 and the HP bench DMM.
There is a lot of smaller stuff you won't see because the service monitor does it all.
Audio and RF gen.
RF power meter,
Spectrum analyzer (almost a real spectrum analyzer ;) )
Power meter, modulation meter, frequency meter and a general purpose multitude receiver.

The ham gear is a mixture of Icom, Kenwood, Heathkit and so-on...
Yah its a mess, that is how things get done :)
The speaker on the left is the right channel for the computer sound system. The speakers are connected to a 160W AV receiver (analogue discreet transistor) Since there is little to no programming worth watching on TV I usually get my distraction type entertainment from the Internet.
Besides I like to share my music with the neighbors occasionally. :)

So there you have it; who is next?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I was getting really worked up and thinking, "what a nice rack", then all of my feelings suddenly went away when I noticed the cat thing.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I've posted this twice before on this site. It's a lot less than half the stuff I have, but wider angle shots reveal stuff that could be used to identify me.

Attachments

Sue_AF6LJ

Joined Mar 16, 2013
I've posted this twice before on this site. It's a lot less than half the stuff I have, but wider angle shots reveal stuff that could be used to identify me.
Nice;
The OEM power supply looks seems to be popular.
I have several OEM power supplies that get used for testing out projects, troubleshooting and the like. Behind the Weller soldering station controller is a 63A switcher that runs my solid state radios. (Lamba switcher)
Then there are three linear supplies under the desk. All good for the solid state stuff.

The DMM on your bench almost looks like my Beckman RMS-225...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
For 20 years I've done all my product development with a scope and a dvm. None of the fancy stuff. I usually work out the details in my head (and the occasional paper napkin), go right to PCB and ship...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
OEM power supply? The closest thing to an OEM power supply is a Radio Shack battery eliminator which is laying on top of my 450 VDC supply made out of a microwave oven transformer. The stuff with knobs are a 'scope and a signal generator. The DVM is a Fluke 27. Pretty much an antique, but it's still better than 1% accuracy and measures down to 10 picoamps.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Hi Sue and very very cool setup you have there!

I love the use of recycled furniture (table?) and a random chunk of wood forming the rack system to hold the equipment up. :D

Sue_AF6LJ

Joined Mar 16, 2013
OEM power supply? The closest thing to an OEM power supply is a Radio Shack battery eliminator which is laying on top of my 450 VDC supply made out of a microwave oven transformer. The stuff with knobs are a 'scope and a signal generator. The DVM is a Fluke 27. Pretty much an antique, but it's still better than 1% accuracy and measures down to 10 picoamps.
/Sue takes a closer look........
Nice job...
Your fluke is the same age as my Beckman.
I saw he scope and the sig gen..

Sue_AF6LJ

Joined Mar 16, 2013
Hi Sue and very very cool setup you have there!

I love the use of recycled furniture (table?) and a random chunk of wood forming the rack system to hold the equipment up. :D
The random chunk of wood is actually an eighty year old coffee table.
It was given to me by a friend forty years or so ago and I had no place to put it and needed the shelves it provided.

New shelves are going sometime after the summer, after I rehab Oscar.
(the Heathkit SB-220)

Yah, that's right I named my amplifier, some people name their cars, body parts baseball bats, guns, I named my amplifier. :):cool:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I thought I saw the random chunk of wood on the left supported by concrete blocks. I don't know what half that stuff is, but it looks impressive.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Nice shiny new stuff there Patrick! :)

What's that little module in the middle photo? Looke like a 3.2" GLCD on a pre-made module? ARM?

patricktoday

Joined Feb 12, 2013
Thanks, I had a very entertaining winter building up my gadget collection :) The uC is an STM32 I paid $31 for. It's called a mini-STM32 IIRC and runs at 72MHz.