If you posted

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
If you posted ( IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE, NO ONE WOULD
ANSWER) SO USING A GROUP COMPUTERS TO LISTEN TO SPACE.
who would answer , not a poster Not a site. WHO IS LISTENING,
NOBODY.CYPER SPACE IS SILENT,WHO PUSH'ES THE BUTTONS. Understand the question,do not google WHO OR WHAT THAT DOES NOT ANSWER. WHAT CONTROLS GOOGLE,YAHOO, ETC.who understands the cyper space. WHERE DO OPEN MESSAGE'S GO,ONLY TO SERVERS.tRY TO FIGURE THIS OUT.who out there with out google, the government. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE.WHO OUT THERE,NO CUTE ANSWERS. gOING OUT THE DOOR WITH THIS ONE,LATE

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Careful Dave, we'll unplug your modules.

I've said this before, but I think a really good machine intelligence should be a synthetic intellegence. Artificial isn't real, synthetic is, but man made.

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
To the Ineffable All,

I don't believe, although I can't prove it, that implimenting AI or SI is feasible with switching logic. So far all the examples I have seen are nothing but decision trees, some of which are quite deep, but revert to a predefined indefinite platitude when the end of the tree is reached. A human would not live long enough to program all the possibilities and contingencies that are needed for even a moderate task. And as for sentience and creative ability, forget it.

Ratch

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Perhaps, with the state of the art it is unprovable. AI has made new discoveries in science and mathmatics, offering proofs and new knowledge, in several cases. A very close appoximation of creativity, but unusual in their rarity and news worthy because of it.

My personal opinion is it is a matter of time. Moore's Law still seems to be in effect, and digital logic can emulate neural nets just fine. Any physical process can be modeled and simulated, if enough processing power can be devoted to it. What is lacking, IMO, is a theory of mind. Without a decent theory or understanding the science is spinning its wheels. Neurons are basically on/off devices too, with some chemical components.

Yes Dave, if you go evil and start killing people we will have to pull your modules.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Sorry no match found,software has the last say. Why don't they
have close curcuit systems that a hacker would not mean's to
hack into. What the anwser (Alice) How would this work or not
work. How would It feel to be left out. The telephone cable Is still
Is the most powerful thing on earth.