If it is too good to be true it probably is?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Seen this type of advertising before $1 gets you in then Whats the freight charge?
For a signal generator $10.97.

It is a crazy site. A Shipping Cost button appears on the main page and takes you to a page that lists items in your shopping cart. So you need to have something in your cart to calculate the cost. Add something to your cart and the button on the home page changes to View Shopping Cart.

You need to put in your address. I entered a fake name and fake address in my town. It calculated out to $10.97.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It looks like there is a problem with the prices / article database.
All prices are at $1, this can not be correct.

Bertus

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Measurement Assurance Technology is a legitimate e-Bay seller (http://stores.ebay.com/Measurement-Assurance-Technology). There maybe a problem with its software as bertus suggests, or maybe it is a rogue site phishing for personal information, as apparently you suspect.

$1 for a refurbished spectrum analyzer is too cheap. If it is a typo or software error, it is probably not required to sell to you for that price. It's nice to dream, though.

John

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Measurement Assurance Technology is a legitimate e-Bay seller (http://stores.ebay.com/Measurement-Assurance-Technology). There maybe a problem with its software as bertus suggests, or maybe it is a rogue site phishing for personal information, as apparently you suspect.

$1 for a refurbished spectrum analyzer is too cheap. If it is a typo or software error, it is probably not required to sell to you for that price. It's nice to dream, though.

John
If it is a mistake then I would not trust it either. The descriptions say nothing about the condition of the equipment.

I once pressured Cabelas on a mistake on their site. At first they said what you said. I wrote them and they came through. They are good people. It was really no big deal, it was something like a $50 item that was supposed to come included with a $600 purchase. Not exactly like this $1 deal thing.

Maybe it is automated shipping ? You order and the shipping dept ships. The billing department takes care of the rest. But of course it would still be wrong to take advantage.

Last edited:

cheegii

Joined Nov 24, 2008
someone's real property law doctrine. I understood that. People left it for their debts? something bank loan or what do you call that? selling it like a garbage removing from lawer's room...?!? Or warranty finished items.