If I read full book "Lessons In Electric Circuits", how it is gonna help me?

keval32

Joined Nov 9, 2010
Hi all,

I am new here, I have so much interest in electronics. If I read this full book, how is it gonna help me?

Like, would I became equivalent to diploma holder in Electronics and Communication???
Would I be able to repair almost all electronics gadgets?

And please tell me that where can I find printable format of this book?

Please I need your help buddy's.
Thanks.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
If you RETAIN and COMPREHEND 100% of the book then I would say you'd be a little ahead of a graduate these days. :)

Just understanding it enough to get to the end would garner you a bucket load of knowledge about things that were mysterious to you before.

The cheapest book would be the one you use the document printer at work to print out. The next cheapest would be the one you print out. Do you have a Half Price book store in your town? Check them out. It's that 'end of first semester' drop out season, so there could be some college level electronics books showing up. Use ebay and look at the offerings.

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
If you RETAIN and COMPREHEND 100% of the book then I would say you'd be a little ahead of a graduate these days.

Just understanding it enough to get to the end would garner you a bucket load of knowledge about things that were mysterious to you before.

The cheapest book would be the one you use the document printer at work to print out. The next cheapest would be the one you print out. Do you have a Half Price book store in your town? Check them out. It's that 'end of first semester' drop out season, so there could be some college level electronics books showing up. Use ebay and look at the offerings.

I graduated last spring and apparently I didn't retain much... I remember doing the calcs, but now I look at them and stare... Kermits right, you will gain insight into all kinds of technology. Then again, I don't remember what the wife wanted me to do today...:confused:

keval32

Joined Nov 9, 2010
Thanks Kermit, it helped me a lot. I want to ask you that is there any printable version of this book in the market now?

keval32

Joined Nov 9, 2010
I graduated last spring and apparently I didn't retain much... I remember doing the calcs, but now I look at them and stare... Kermits right, you will gain insight into all kinds of technology. Then again, I don't remember what the wife wanted me to do today...:confused:
Aha......that was a nice post. Is this book require to have knowledge of High level of Mathematics?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Some math required, mostly algebra. Lots and lots of algebra. A little calculus, but that has been predigested, you can get by learning the formula's.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Quite a few members stop by after/during college, and find that the e-book is easier to understand for many concepts, and "just makes sense".

I'd highly suggest it!

keval32

Joined Nov 9, 2010
Oh, ya. Thanks dear, thanks for encouraging me to read this book. Are you sure I can learn Electronic and Communication through this book as I have much interest int these things.....I just left college which didn't interest me and trying to shape my career.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Oh, ya. Thanks dear, thanks for encouraging me to read this book. Are you sure I can learn Electronic and Communication through this book as I have much interest int these things.....I just left college which didn't interest me and trying to shape my career.
There is no one comprehensive source that once read and understood will make you fully ready to go out and take a job in electronics. That said, the AAC ebook will give you a good foundation on which to build. You will need to get your hands dirty prototyping simple circuits at first then gradually increasing the complexity of the circuits you build. If you are dedicated to the task, one day you will wake up and know you are ready to go for the job interview.

hgmjr

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
I am by no means an electrical engineer. In fact I am far from it, I am just a beginner with medium knowledge that I learned from High School. But I am reading a little of the AAC ebook, ecspecially the the part about OHMS law. I think that coupled with the use of the Forum has made me into a much more knowledgeable person. Then as one mentioned, putting it into practice through very simple circuits, has helped a lot. And I do mean very simple circuits, that I am testing out different resistors to see how it all works. Then adding a little here and there, and testing again to see how it all relates. To me I am learning vast amounts. I know in college you learn a lot in a short amount of time, but the question is would I retain it. I probably wouldn't if I didn't have the hands on training that I have now.

keval32

Joined Nov 9, 2010
There is no one comprehensive source that once read and understood will make you fully ready to go out and take a job in electronics. That said, the AAC ebook will give you a good foundation on which to build. You will need to get your hands dirty prototyping simple circuits at first then gradually increasing the complexity of the circuits you build. If you are dedicated to the task, one day you will wake up and know you are ready to go for the job interview.

hgmjr
Thanks dear, but I would like to ask you, in your country does employer gonna hire you if you haven't any degree but you are full of skill and knowledge ????

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
In the U.S., A degree is considered "proof" of education and knowledge. Many highly qualified people never get past the initial interview because of the lack of a degree. I have now had several companies express interest in employing me simply because I have a degree. I realize I am hardly qualified for any position beyond "entry level". It is not fair, but that is how the system works.

If you were to get certified as a Electronic Technician, it would certainly help. I cannot remember the name of the organization, perhaps someone here will.

keval32

Joined Nov 9, 2010
In the U.S., A degree is considered "proof" of education and knowledge. Many highly qualified people never get past the initial interview because of the lack of a degree. I have now had several companies express interest in employing me simply because I have a degree. I realize I am hardly qualified for any position beyond "entry level". It is not fair, but that is how the system works.

If you were to get certified as a Electronic Technician, it would certainly help. I cannot remember the name of the organization, perhaps someone here will.
Okay, but can you start your own business there? Have you got certified?