Identify PIR controller

Alan Clarke

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hi, I'm trying to modify my outside light so that the PIR is inactive and the light stays on when it gets dark.
I know you can disable some PIR controllers by linking a pin high or low.
But I cannot find a data sheet for the PIR controller which is 16 pin DIL.
It is marked
IQ IQ1586-02
16A-E
I,ve found several PIR controllers which are all different.
Any help gratefully welcomed. Thanks in advance.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
This is not the answer to your question, just a comment that might be helpful.

I take PIR to mean Pyroelectric InfraRed. Such detectors detect changes in temperature cause by (for example) a person stepping into the sensor's filed of view. A short time after the temperature change occurs, the sensor won't see it anymore, much like a cat's eyes.

From your description you want a photoelectric light switch which will stay on in the dark and off in daylight.

Alan Clarke

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hi R!f@@ - thanks for replying.
Sorry, I cannot get a decent photo of it - the printing does not show very well.
But is simple a 16 pin DIL case with

IQ IQ1586-02
16A-E written on it. The first IQ is large and I presume the manufacturer and/or trademark.

Regards Alan

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Can you take a photo of the pcb component and track side, chances are the pir gives a positive pulse on detection and can pull a chip pin high, this maybe overridden, the ldr will just put it into day mode to stop it,.

If its a triac switch, its easy to modify it.

Last edited:

Alan Clarke

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hi Dodgydave, good to hear from you.
I will try and get photos - it may take a couple of days as I will have to borrow a good camera from my sister - again.
Its actually a relay used to switch the mains, and the dc supply is mains, through a 0.33 microF capacitor.
In the meanwhile I will try and trace out where the PIR connections go.
Cheers

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Is this a halogen flood light, they use a transformerless psu and relay, normally the chip is a Lm324, you can use your mobile phone for pics.

Alan Clarke

Joined Apr 16, 2016
Hi Dodgydave, its an ES27 socket, max 60W. It is a transformerless psu with relay.
My mobile is about 8 years old - I like to stick with things that work !
It can't be a LM 324 because they have 14 pins and this has 16.
If it is a dedicated PIR chip they usually have a pin that can be made high to keep the light on, but it seems they rarely
actually install a switch or link to do it.
If I could find a reasonable priced light with the switch I would probably buy one,
but they don't seem to. Or buy a light with a known chip, but of course they don't tell you that either.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
If you cant modify it, i suggest making a photo switch using a 555 timer chip with the ldr and relay in your lamp,i have a drawing of one.

Alan Clarke

Joined Apr 16, 2016
I'm back at last.
I may just make a new board, but out of interest I am attaching photos. I have added some points on the board to help.
pin 1 is +5v pin 16 is 0v pin 2 goes to relay driver 7, 8, 10, 13 don't seem to be used
I think pin 5 is 3.3 v
Sorry, I'm not very good at deriving schematics from a board, but I will keep trying.
Thanks for any input.

Attachments