Identify coil?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have several small coils. They are red, a little under .25 in diameter and a little over ,25 in height.

They have a number

-24J

Anyway to determine the value of these coils barring using an inductance meter?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Metal can 2N2222 transistor there, an old circuit. I'd suggest not saving the electrolytic caps.

Yeah was not planning on it. These are the leftovers of an old energy management system.

The operator interface software ran on a PDP 11/34 originally. I rewrote the software to run on a PDP 11/34. We were able to unplug the 11/34 amd plug in the PC. Pretty cool.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The operator interface software ran on a PDP 11/34 originally. I rewrote the software to run on a PDP 11/34. We were able to unplug the 11/34 amd plug in the PC. Pretty cool.
Hallmark of a good hardware design!

I'm guessing that rewriting the 11/34 code to run on a 11/34 wasn't too much of a task. :p

(I know you meant PC, I mess up a lot and gotta slow down with posts)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hallmark of a good hardware design!

I'm guessing that rewriting the 11/34 code to run on a 11/34 wasn't too much of a task. :p

(I know you meant PC, I mess up a lot and gotta slow down with posts)

It was tough. Hard part was talking to the FIDs (Field Interface Device) which had the binary inputs and outputs and analog I/O.

The documentation for the protocol pretty much sucked. I had to first right a serial data analyzer that I placed in line with the 34 and the FID. I could then watch the protocol. Between that and the lousy documentation I was able to develop an API.

I had multiple terminals and the ability for the user to plug in their own formulas to be able to interpret analog data in different ways (temperature, pressure, humidity etc.).

One site they were in a real bind. They had no more space in their security office for a fire panel for a new tower (fire panels needed to be all hard wired direct to the sensors (no computer) ). A fire panel is about the size of a phone booth. A 11/34 is about the size of a phone booth. We unplugged the 304 and rolled it out the door and plugged in a brand new 75MHZ state of the are PC. :)