Idea For Graduation project

galal_mounir

Joined Apr 5, 2009
Hey guys i need your help.

i need some cool ideas for my graduation project some new projects not made before, something that gets attraction from people, something that involves electronics and a bit of communication for instance, anyways, ....
thanks for your help ;)

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Can you narrow down the universe of possibilities? It would be helpful if you could state how complicated you wish the project to be.

hgmjr

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
There is a contradiction in your request - if it hasn't been made before, how could we suggest it?

Hmm - how about a working over-unity water electrolyzer? Nobody has managed to build one so far. It would make you incredibly wealthy.

galal_mounir

Joined Apr 5, 2009
wats the over-unity water quantizer ? and well i need a project that is not easy something that is a bit complicated but can be made

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Give us something to work with - what kinds of things interest you? Are you experienced with tools from a hobby or a job?

galal_mounir

Joined Apr 5, 2009
i started a project of a wifi car i want to expand this project i dont think it is enough for a graduation project besides i want to remove the wifi part and make it using gps instead but i need some more ideas of the same type

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Get a blue LED and a TAOS light-to -voltage converter. Use a 555 driving the blue LED to make pulses and a comparator tied to the TAOS converter to show their reception.

That would take a 12 volt wall transformer and less tha $10 in parts.

galal_mounir

Joined Apr 5, 2009
Get a blue LED and a TAOS light-to -voltage converter. Use a 555 driving the blue LED to make pulses and a comparator tied to the TAOS converter to show their reception.

That would take a 12 volt wall transformer and less tha $10 in parts.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,, i dont get wat u mean by a 12 volt wall transformer....

do u think this is an enough project for a senior graduation ???

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Heres an idea I was kicking around a while back. Don't think I'm going to do it so I'll toss it to you. My idea was to make a "Help I can't get up" Button that runs on GSM and GPS. So the idea would be if you need emergency assistance you would click the button. It would get the data of your location from the GPS module and use the GSM module to dial a number and repeat an emergency message stating the user name, long, and lat.

galal_mounir

Joined Apr 5, 2009
Heres an idea I was kicking around a while back. Don't think I'm going to do it so I'll toss it to you. My idea was to make a "Help I can't get up" Button that runs on GSM and GPS. So the idea would be if you need emergency assistance you would click the button. It would get the data of your location from the GPS module and use the GSM module to dial a number and repeat an emergency message stating the user name, long, and lat.
i like this would this be like a button on a mobile fone or wat is that button exactly i really like this idea

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yah I got the idea when I saw an onstar commercial that said 90% of the time in a crash your cell phone is destroyed. So I figured why not make an industructable emergency GSM transmitter that attached to your keychain so it would not be hurt or lost in a wreck. There is also the market for the older people who could use it anywhere in the city. Basically I imagine it like a car alarm TX that attaches to your keychain. If you do make it and make a ton of cash. I only want 2%. :) Another great feature "I think" is that GSM phones can call 911 for free without service. So for a 911 device you wouldn't even need to pay a monthly charge. :)

galal_mounir

Joined Apr 5, 2009
so for this actually we are going to use a gsm transmitter and a gps receiver and transmitter do u suggest any specific ones cause i never worked with gps and gsm before but i am going to

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Here's a digital project. Create a traffic grid of arterials. Each arterial has a speed limit. Now make the traffic lights to cause a maximum efficiency for moving the traffic.

Here's the problem: You want any car going the speed limit to be able to get across all the lights going down the street he's on.

But if he pulls onto an arterial, drives a ways and gets stopped by a light, that's okay. It is when he proceeds from there and goes the speed limit, that he won't get stopped again.

This is true for any arterial on the grid. And remember the streets are perpendicular to each other, causing a conflict of interests. It's quite a problem!

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
guys i need some more ideas
When is graduation?

It seems to me you only need one idea that is doable in the time you have left. Every day you worry about getting the perfect project lowers your chance of success for any project.

Have you reviewed other projects in this Forum. There are lots of potential projects there.

John