IC's Theory

MIRINGU

Joined Mar 18, 2007
I had constructed an audio Amplifier using IC LA4508 but after working for one month, it failed.The circuit diagram is okey since i followed it later.How can i know if the ic components inside burnt?

h.d

Joined Oct 22, 2007
i know there are a device to test the IC's which give you the IC model and
about its status. but that an laboratory device i dont know if you can get it, i will
try to give you the model number of it.

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
A lot of inexperienced people think a schematic is the only key bit of information needed to successfully create a working and reliable project.

There are many other factors that needbe considered. Capacitor voltage ratings, inductor saturation curves, general layout of circuit, heat-sinking components, etc.

In order to diagnose an unobvious failure, you need to know what to look for and be able to test for it. So, if a signal should be inverted somewhere with a gain of 3.5, then you should be able to apply a stimulus and get the expected response.

Steve

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Is it possible that you built your amplifier from the schematic provided in the datasheet?

I have attached a copy of the example amplifier. If so, did you substitute any component values that were called out in the schematic?

hgmjr

Attachments